Modification of transformers on eight channel mix splitter
Old 10th March 2014
Here for the gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Modification of transformers on eight channel mix splitter

Hello there,

First time poster, long time observer.

The game is depth, 3D sound, zooz, zazz, mojo and analogue warmth. I'm not interested in the ITB vs OTB debate.

Currently I have a ITB set-up hybrid with an decent AD/DA and a transparent summing box. I am looking to add some analogue warmth to the equation. One idea that I was just friskily toying around with was the notion of swapping some custom transformers (possibly lundahl etc) into a relatively cheap eight channel mic splitter. I'm not as well versed in this world as most of you, but I know exactly what I want while keeping away from a mixing board and retaining semi-total recall in tact. I am also toying around with ascertaining some yamaha preamps and some compressors as well. My budget is relatively light for now, as I am just trying to figure out a working solution. I am not recording anything.

Another question I have is if it's possible to install/swap transformers into an existing preamp, and what the conditions are surrounding this. I love the sound the chandler mini rack adds to a mix, but frankly that's not completely out of my budget, but I would like to have some versatility in terms of introducing different flavours to the hashish pipe.

If any slutz can help it would mean a ton.

Cheers.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…