Please help with my E-MU Mo Phatt - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Please help with my E-MU Mo Phatt
Old 9th March 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Please help with my E-MU Mo Phatt

Hey guys,

i got one question concerning my E-MU Mo Phatt and it´s filters. I know that a patch of the mo phatt and all other modules of the proteus line consist of 4 layers and that each layer can have it´s own filter. On the front of the mo phatt you have the edit knobs though, with which you can also control the filter and resonance. My question is now, which filter is controlled by the edit knobs at the front? When turning the knobs the sound changes, but none of the filters of the 4 layers changes it´s value. Is it a kind of main filter?

Same with my roland fantom x. Each patch also consists of 4 tones. You can change the filter for each tone as well, but when turning the filter knob on the fantom x itself, the sound changes, but none of the values of the filters of the 4 tones change.

Please help me guys!

Thanks!
Old 11th March 2014
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Read the manuals or go post over in Electronic Music.

In most cases the front panel control is used as an offset to the values of all the filters. Unless you are in the unit's edit mode, it's probably not going to show any changes to the programmed values. That's the way Yamaha Motifs work anyway.
📝 Reply