Biamp 2442 Ramsa 8616 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Biamp 2442 Ramsa 8616
Old 7th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Biamp 2442 Ramsa 8616

Hi All,

Im new round these parts here, but am by no means new to the game of gear. Ran a few studios for almost 20 years, got out, and now out of necessity am getting involved again. What I am new to is the need to build a studio with minimal cash. This has forced me to look into consoles that I would have never touched years ago. I am by no means a snob, but have very specific routing expectations. Ive been looking high and low for a Ramsa wr-8616 which fits my needs quite well, to no avail, and the clock is ticking on my production deadline. I have since then switched gears and broadened my search to include other monstrosities such as audioarts or biamp 2442. Found a biamp near me, albeit without a psu. I joined here to scrounge on the classifieds, but this is apparently an earned privilege, which is fine. Just makes my mission a bit slower.
Anyway, I babble, the questions are as such.
Ramsa wr-8616 anybody have one they want to ditch?
Biamp 2442, same question, or just a psu. I suppose I could build one, but it seems kind of insane to do so when I have absolutely no clue in what shape the board is in.

Really I have no real experience with either of these boards, but am willing to take a risk just to get my project done punctually.

Any advice with tips on another dark horse in the under 500 dollar range would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
Paul
📝 Reply