Quantcast
Sub $1000 Mic Ideas - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sub $1000 Mic Ideas
Old 17th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
" I ended up getting a good deal on a used Advanced Audio Cm47. Any thoughts? "

I think you should go to work with it............
Old 20th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie0801 ➑️
I ended up getting a good deal on a used Advanced Audio Cm47. Any thoughts?
Haven't heard a negative opinion of that mic yet. I'm sure you can make some good music with it!

Have you had a chance to record with it? How do you like it?
Old 22nd March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
KSM 32 is a solid all around mic. I use it with an ISA 1 for vocals. Doesn't always do the trick. Love the sound of the MA200. I want one!
Old 22nd March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I ended up getting a good deal on a used Advanced Audio Cm47. Any thoughts?
I recently got a CM67se. So far it's quite good. How has your CM47 been working out?
Old 24th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Addict

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
halcyo- I love the mic! Great sound for my voice. Now I find that I'm greatly lacking in the acoustic mic department. The mic works great for my softer folk songs, but for my harder music, it might be a little too smooth. But overall it is an awesome mic!
Old 24th March 2014
Gear Addict

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Cante-

Like I said, working out great! Very smooth microphone. Works well with my tenor voice. How do you like the 67se? And what are you using it for?
Old 10th September 2015
Gear Addict

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Hey guys, since you were all so helpful in the past when I was looking at mics, I wanted to give an updated and see if you have any ideas. I ended up buying a few and have been testing out different things. I now have:
cm 47 by advanced audio
akg 414
akg 451b

Still running it through the forte. I tested out a couple songs I'm working on by self recording to work on hammering them out before official recording. I did vocals on the akg 414 or the cm47, and ended up double tracking some of them to thicken it up.

I'm trying to figure out how I can get a bigger sound. Do I need a different mic? Do I need a pre amp? Any advice would be super helpful. You can check it out here:

Old 10th September 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Used blue kiwi you can find on ebay for exactly 1k if you look
Old 10th September 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Hey guys, since you were all so helpful in the past when I was looking at mics, I wanted to give an updated and see if you have any ideas. I ended up buying a few and have been testing out different things. I now have:
cm 47 by advanced audio
akg 414
akg 451b

Still running it through the forte. I tested out a couple songs I'm working on by self recording to work on hammering them out before official recording. I did vocals on the akg 414 or the cm47, and ended up double tracking some of them to thicken it up.

I'm trying to figure out how I can get a bigger sound. Do I need a different mic? Do I need a pre amp? Any advice would be super helpful. You can check it out here:

a dryer recording. everything sounds far back you want vocals to sound in your face, and instruments to sound further back (like how a band performs on stage). Try to get some type of way to isolate the microphone from your room better so you can add in the reverb to taste. that would do a lot more than getting a new mic
Old 10th September 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I love Advanced Audio Mics, I own 5 of them. CM12, CM47VE, CM67, CM87 and CM251. I recommend them all in this order CM87, CM47VE, CM251, CM12, CM67. Do not overlook the RE-20. Shocking how great it can be at times, and a good room tamer.
Old 10th September 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm really impressed with the Audio Technica AT4040 and JZ Microphones V11. I've used the Neumann TLM102 and Audio Technica AT4047 but personally preferred the 4040 over these. The JZ V11 has a thicker sound.
πŸ“ Reply