RAMSA!! Looking for manual WR-8616 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RAMSA!! Looking for manual WR-8616
Old 26th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
RAMSA!! Looking for manual WR-8616

Ramsa Resurrected!

I just bought a Ramsa 8616 to be my new summing section (and new pre sounds ). I've sorted the good channels from the bad and sprayed down and twisted and pushed every knob and switch.

Now I just need to track down a service manual. I've tried all the links through previous post and they're all dead or lead to the operation manual..
I've also search all the sites ( MusicParts , StereoManuals , etc ) and turned up nothing!

Anybody got one in PDF form? I'd settle for a parts list and schematic for the input modules - WU-8101..

DIGS!
Old 27th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
type in ramsa 8616 manual in google and that is the first hit you should get. in pdf form. edit...ooops , thats the operators manual
Old 27th February 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the input! Those operation manuals really seem to be all that can be found!

I'd recap the whole channel strip but theres 33 electrolytics per module! (x 8 + 4 busses and the 2 masters = $$$$)

I'd gladly bypass the eq section and sends and just spiff up the main path.
Old 28th February 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
OOH! I bought one of those in 1981! Sold it in the earlier '90s to get something bigger. I ****ing loved that board. I'm a little jealous. Enjoy it!
Old 28th February 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Also, I found this:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...61965928,d.dmQ

Enjoy!
Old 28th February 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Yeah I'm pretty damn stoked on it so far. Exactly what I was looking for sound wise.. I bought on in pretty damn good condition - The previous own had taken good care of it so its been a pretty good 'plug and play' so far.

That service manual you linked is the the 8816, not the 8616 -- That board the uses different input modules (WR-8001). But, its basically a stripped down version of what i have (WR-8101) .. So I should probably just use thats a guideline and stop holding out for the unicorn of manuals.

Thanks!
Old 1st March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Just want to say thanks for that service manual link! Just picked up an 8616 today in stellar condition, and even though it's for the 8816, it's better than nothing... much much better :D!
Old 5th March 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hackroot! I found the actual 8616 service manual!

Its at ServiceManuals.net

(not sure I didn't see that in all my other searches.. )

Search for a Panasonic WR-8616

I had to buy it.. but at this point its worth it. I dig the sound of the board too much to be futzing around with pseudo manual.

Hope that helps anyone else looking for this hard to find manual!
πŸ“ Reply