The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
If you haven't used ClassicAPI products - you should...
Old 29th July 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
What the mods suggested sounds perfect , Lock this thread and Start a new one in "So Much Gear So Little Time" .

As far as moving this thread , once its locked I don't think it matters where it is . The only way you will be able to find it is in a search anyways .
Old 29th July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
My vote is also to lock it down, leave it here, and continue conversation in "so much gear". The conversation about the CAPI that is.

Although to me the sound of CAPI is without a doubt high end, the price entry point of CAPI does fit in a lower budget category. Someone hanging out in low end solely because they don't think they can afford otherwise will come across this and be pleasantly surprised that they can actually afford some very high end old school API sonics.

I didn't agree with the move, I certainly don't think of low end when it comes to Jeff's offerings, but taking price into consideration it's not 100% out of place here.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
If the mods want to lock this, and if you guys really want ME to start another thread as someone suggested earlier, I will do it. But it will take a few days cause I'd want to gather some info so that it can start off pretty informative right out of the gate instead of just wandering around - and I am pretty busy right now. Let me know...
Old 29th July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
My VC528s being built by Custom Analog are more than 2x the cost of the 500 series Lindell EQs I just bought, as a recently low end guy heh I dont really consider that low end at all!

I am a 'value for money' guy though lol, whats wrong w that?

Locking and starting fresh might be good could you link to this thread??
Lives for gear

16 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
If the mods want to lock this, and if you guys really want ME to start another thread as someone suggested earlier, I will do it. But it will take a few days cause I'd want to gather some info so that it can start off pretty informative right out of the gate instead of just wandering around - and I am pretty busy right now. Let me know...
Bill, you're a champ for considering this. FWIW, I think you'd do a fine job of it. And hey, maybe 4 times is a charm.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesicily ➡️
keep reading J... can't be done.
Meh....
That "Reason ITB mixes. .... thread went off topic for several pages when Slate came in and started hawking his wares. I think it eventually got back on track wi5hout mod assistance. I might be wrong though.... A shame that this thread can't continue wkthout moderation.

Lock down it is
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
Yes , exactly what I was thinking .

It seems alot of people are interested in using the VP28 and Missing Link on the Mix Buss and have lots of questions about the right way to do this . You are also the most respected CAPI user on Gearslutz , you've won Grammy's and every time I watch TV , who knows it could well be something you did with the help of the VP28 or Missing Link . So when drbill speaks people listen . When Scumbum speaks , who cares ,

I've already said multiple times in multiple threads all I can say about CAPI , They Rule , Its My Favorite Gear , I Use it on Everything , Missing Link is The Holy Grail.....that would sum up my thread and I'm sure people are tried of hearing it from me .
Old 29th July 2013
GS Community Manager

Locking this up.

The discussion is continuing over here:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-mu...ot-thread.html

Thanks for all your cooperation.
Closed