Quantcast
M-Audio Profire 610 or Fast Track C600 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
M-Audio Profire 610 or Fast Track C600
Old 30th January 2013
  #1
M-Audio Profire 610 or Fast Track C600 Need help..

Hi slutz...
So i`m gonna buy a new audio interface for my home studio.I`m new at this...please help me out here..i`m stuck between these 2..
What i need is good sound quality ,durability and stability.I won`t be using any pre-amps or headphone amps.I`m running Windows 7 64 bit sp1.Using pair of Yamaha HS50M`s as monitors(without a sub)
So which one would you prefer and why..?
Any other thoughts on these?

Fast track C600(Brand new for 250$)
Profire 610(6 months used for 250$)
(Brand new price of profire 610 is 350$)


Also if some one can answer these questions it would be really great.
specs are kind of the same.but i can`t understand 100$ price difference.is there that much of a quality difference?

How many tracks can i record simultaneously?(i know profire 610 can record up tp 4 tracks)

Which pre`s are better?

Some one told me that..profire 610`s outputs are for 2.1 , 5.1 or 7.1.so you can`t get a decent stereo output from your monitors.if you plug your output 1 and output 2 to your monitors you have to connect a sub to output 3 otherwise your low frequencies are not gonna come from output 1 and 2

Are any of these true? .. please help me?


sorry for my bad English heh
Old 30th January 2013
  #2
Gear Maniac
 
dergit's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
There are a LOT of topics on these interfaces. Please do some reading.

But...


Quote:
Originally Posted by RuZza ➑️

Some one told me that..profire 610`s outputs are for 2.1 , 5.1 or 7.1.so you can`t get a decent stereo output from your monitors.if you plug your output 1 and output 2 to your monitors you have to connect a sub to output 3 otherwise your low frequencies are not gonna come from output 1 ans 2.
Are any of these true?.. please help me?
They've told you nonsense. Just plug your HS50Ms into Out1 and Out2.
Old 30th January 2013 | Show parent
  #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dergit ➑️
There are a LOT of topics on these interfaces. Please do some reading.

But...



They've told you nonsense. Just plug your HS50Ms into Out1 and Out2.
ok thanks...big relief to know that output problem is not a problem.
i read ALL the threads regarding these...I heard about that loopback latency issue on profire and C600 has 2 outputs than profire.but i`m still confused don`t know what to choose
Old 30th January 2013
  #4
sorry i have to bump this
Old 30th January 2013
  #5
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
I have a Profire 610. Works great. No problems running out to powered monitors on outputs 1 & 2. I mainly use it in for hybrid mixing, so i run all 8 channels out to a mixer and then record the mixer's stereo out on inputs 1& 2. For the money, i find the preamps clean with good gain. No complaints. I have also recorded bass and guitar into the inputs with no problems. Unit has very low latency, so overdubbing is just fine. No need to shift tracks to handle phase issues. I have had the unit for 2 months and have been happy with it.

Inputs 3 & 4 do not have preamps--they are line level--so you'll need external pres for those.
Old 1st February 2013 | Show parent
  #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmoose ➑️
I have a Profire 610. Works great. No problems running out to powered monitors on outputs 1 & 2. I mainly use it in for hybrid mixing, so i run all 8 channels out to a mixer and then record the mixer's stereo out on inputs 1& 2. For the money, i find the preamps clean with good gain. No complaints. I have also recorded bass and guitar into the inputs with no problems. Unit has very low latency, so overdubbing is just fine. No need to shift tracks to handle phase issues. I have had the unit for 2 months and have been happy with it.

Inputs 3 & 4 do not have preamps--they are line level--so you'll need external pres for those.
thank you for the useful information...i bought profire unit yesterday.....but haven`t got a chance to check it yet.This is gonna sound a bit weird but i need to verify something.does the bottom side of your 610 look like this?

M-Audio Profire 610 or Fast Track C600-imag0966.jpg
Old 7th February 2013 | Show parent
  #7
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuZza ➑️
thank you for the useful information...i bought profire unit yesterday.....but haven`t got a chance to check it yet.This is gonna sound a bit weird but i need to verify something.does the bottom side of your 610 look like this?

Attachment 328364
Yes, it does.
Old 16th February 2013 | Show parent
  #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmoose ➑️
Yes, it does.
thank you..
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump