Quantcast
Event 2030 vrs KH120 help... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Event 2030 vrs KH120 help...
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Event 2030 vrs KH120 help...

Hi guys, i produce deep house/electronic music.
Before 1 yr, i purchased Neumann KH120 speakers..
For the size of them they are very nice speakers, but I need more bass.
The KH sub is very expensive for me, and i wanted to ask you all, your opinion about the Event 2030, which are 3 way, and they go lower than the KH..
I want to ask if you think it is worth my while selling the KH and getting the Event's.
Here where i am, i am unable to listen to the difference's between the two, so i am asking for your opinions, or if any of you have better option for me to look for. Apart from the views, i like the idea of 3 way monitoring..

Thank you
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Addict

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I think neumann are releasing a sub soon. Id just buy that to complement what you have and all your problems are solved. In fact its the best option imo and you will get a better system than the events.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Addict

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew caramia ➑️
I think neumann are releasing a sub soon. Id just buy that to complement what you have and all your problems are solved. In fact its the best option imo and you will get a better system than the events.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Sorry i didnt read your post very well. You said you cant afford the kh sub. Shame, as its your best option. I have the event 2030 and while its a great speaker, my yamaha hs80m+hs10w sub is far better imo. And i suspect your nuemann+sub combo will be the same. If i were you id save more and buy the sub. Or, have a serious look at the yamaha hs80m. I wasnt expecting them to be better but they are. But thats just my personal taste....

Sent from my GT-I9100
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Addict

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew caramia ➑️
Sorry i didnt read your post very well. You said you cant afford the kh sub. Shame, as its your best option. I have the event 2030 and while its a great speaker, my yamaha hs80m+hs10w sub is far better imo. And i suspect a nuemann+sub combo will be the same. If i were you id save more and buy the sub. Or, have a serious look at the yamaha hs80m. I wasnt expecting them to be better but they are. But thats just my personal taste.... The event 2030 is surprizingly flat sounding (in a good way) with a decent stereo image but i was expecting more from them, i suspect a larger woofer would have given them a bit more muscle. The yamahas on the other hand are aggressive, forward and ugly sounding (in a good way) with punchy bass. I suspect the neumann and sub combo would be fantastic and surpass a three way speaker such as the event 2030. Although i do recommend them as a secondary pair like i have to flip between two types of monitors.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Sent from my GT-I9100
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
i have some savings.should i sell the kh and get the opals? i heard they are superb for dance music and its a cheaper solution than intergrating a 0810 sub with the kh120!
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Addict

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Its a good option. They are excellent monitors. But they are very expensive. Id be very surprized if the sub cost as much as the opals but i could be wrong. Imo for dance/electronic music in my experience speaker+sub combo seems to work best even if you have a small room. If i were you id buy the neumann sub, or buy the yamaha hs80+hs10w sub, or yamaha msp7+sub. There are many other brands that have a sub combo but i liked the yamahas the most. When you buy a sub its best to keep to the same brand for best balance. But.... Then again the opals go pretty low so maybe thats all you need. However if you sell what you have and buy the hs80m+hs10w it will cost you less i think. You could probably even keep the kh and flip between the two brands for more accurate monitoring like i do. A switchbox like the radial passive monitor switcher is the perfect choice, not expensive a very good quality.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Well said but i think that intergrating a cheaper sub with the 120 would be a better solution as the 120 are way better than the hs80m.I know that the hs80m+hs10w is a fix combo from yamaha, but if someone could suggest a cheaper sub for the 120 thats working, will be a step up from yamaha's duo.
Old 31st January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobot ➑️
i have some savings.should i sell the kh and get the opals? i heard they are superb for dance music and its a cheaper solution than intergrating a 0810 sub with the kh120!
You should listen to some speakers and make your own mind up. Speakers are a very personal choice.
Old 9th February 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Opals are incredible.

I have received yesterday my new pair of Event 2030's.They go down low,low,loooow.
Old 9th February 2013
Gear Addict

The Adam SubF just came out and is cheaper than the HS10W but i haven't heard any of them, good luck anyways
Old 11th February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
thank you guys
Old 11th February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeKBoT ➑️
The Adam SubF just came out and is cheaper than the HS10W but i haven't heard any of them, good luck anyways
i just gave it a look and for the price i think it worth a try. does anyone have any expirience with the subf. or any other opinion of a sub in the 500-700 price range
Old 11th February 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
This is a very good sub! Adam Sub 8 Silver - Thomann Rom
Old 11th February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by klapaucius ➑️
This is a very good sub! Adam Sub 8 Silver - Thomann Rom
and it's that much cheaper coz it's silver..... that's racism ;-)

I'm actually considering the Sub F or the Sub 8 as my next purchase, but i recon it will take a while for a few people to review the Sub F....
The Sub 8 does have good reviews
Old 11th February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
looks nice and its cheap :-) i wish someone who has kh120 and a sub might pass from this thread as i can't audition any subs here where i am
πŸ“ Reply