Quantcast
Any word on Golden Age EQ573? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any word on Golden Age EQ573?
Old 28th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Any word on Golden Age EQ573?

So i recently got myself a 6 slot lunchbox and want to finish it off with a reasonably priced general use eq. I already have 2 of the Golden Age Pre-573 500 series for it and i am enjoying them. Thinking about getting the Golden Age EQ573, but also want to make sure it is really worth it. Haven't seen too many reviews of the unit yet. Any thoughts?

Also thinking of Lindell eq, Alta Mod AM-20, or really just holding out and saving up for an API 550 A or B. So many options!

So in the meantime is the GAP eq worth it?

Thanks. Been a member and reader for a while but trying to post more.
Old 31st January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Well, no answers...for what it's worth, i just read that the unit is not actually a stand alone eq unit, but only works with the pre573 counterpart.
Old 1st February 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I don't know much about the GAP unit since I don't own one of the pres, but I am really close to going the Alta Moda route with their new AM-25's. I want something for general use and flexibility on my way into the box. The Lindells are attractive too but they aren't supposed to be flexible.

I'll keep an eye on this thread too for opinions.
Old 2nd February 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Yeah, i just did some research an the AM 25 and think i might go for it. Especially at the introductory price, they seem like a good deal with good reviews.
Thanks!
Old 13th February 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Let me know how you like them. If I get through tax season unscathed they are my next addition.
Old 4th March 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
up.
same interrogations
Old 6th March 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
GAP eq573 can't be used without GAP pre 573, so i forget it.
Old 15th January 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Why not standalone?

Wow, why in the world would they make these without the ability to use them by themselves?

That little bit of information is way at the bottom of the description for them on all places they are for sale. I just got a best offer accepted on them on eBay and they are useless to me because I don't have the preamp and have no interest in the preamp.

Does it seriously not work? Has anybody modded them in such a way so you CAN get signal in and out of it without the pre?

Luckily I haven't paid for them yet on eBay.. I'll talk myself out of the deal with the seller because this is crazy news to me.
Old 16th January 2014
Deleted User
If the EQ573 sounds as good as the EQ73 it sound REAL NICE!

Not the most transparent or flexible but definitely has vibe and with just gentle shaping it really pushes whatever you put through it to the front of a mix.
Old 16th January 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have the pre-eq combo in 500 series. Its pretty nice for the price. By inserting the eq into the pre, not only do you get to drive the xformer into the eq but you also can attenuate the output. Nice for massive boosting. The extra mid band freqs are a bonus too.
πŸ“ Reply