Quantcast
Which microphone next? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which microphone next?
Old 7th February 2013
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I hope this font size isn't too loud for y'all. Why should we squint if we don't have to right? Thanks again for the many great suggestions. However, I a/b'ed the Beyer 201 with the sm7b in the Zen Pro Audio Clipalator. I thought they sounded very similar but I gave the edge to the SM7 because it handled sibilance a little better. I looked at the Vin Jet and I liked the way it sounded too but for some reason I went ahead and got the Victor instead. I can't remember why. I did fall deeply in love with the Victor. I agree with the whole natural beautiful sound that ribbons produce. They're going to have to pry this mic from my cold hands when I die. No worries on the preamp side of things for me but I am having thoughts of upgrading. The reality is that I don't need anything more so I think I'll just keep my money in my pocket for now instead of trying to upgrade every chance I get.

You remember that sm57 I told you about that I ordered along with the MXL 4k? This mic has really opened my eyes. I didn't want to believe everyone who kept telling me how much of a staple it is because I thought it would sound the same as a sm58, honky and cheap. Well I plugged the sm57 in and I'm coming to find that this, the Cascade Victor and my Sony church mic are really the only mics I need right now. I've been losing sleep trying to figure out which one of these condensers I was going to need to complete my mic collection but I am choosing to learn to do more with less. I have the utmost confidence in this sm57 to handle all of my vocals. I cannot believe how lowly and simple a microphone could change my world. I'm selling all of my other mics and adding the money to my mutual fund to save up for a quiet place to stay so I can do my music and not have to listen to loud ass motorcycles driving by my apartment at all kinds of wee hours of the night. Toodles.
📝 Reply