Quantcast
MIDI USB connection - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MIDI USB connection
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
MIDI USB connection

I have a Yamaha P-85 keyboard with a MIDI outlet. I want to connect to a computer that has USB. Not interested in preamps or other features. I just want the cheapest thing that will work reliably. Interfaces are available from $5 to $50, but I hear that the $5 ones are not reliable.

I'm in Indonesia. A Roland interface is available locally for $50, so maybe I could return it if it doesn't work.

I also have a Casio CTK-810 with a USB outlet but it would constantly hang. I don't want to go through that again.
Old 24th January 2013
col
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I've used this succesfully with Line6 gear, never with a keyboard though so ymmv:

Amazon.com: HDE USB MIDI Cable Converter PC to Music Keyboar: Musical Instruments

You can get these from ebay if amazon doesn't ship them to your country.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Yeah, be very careful here. Someone gave me one (no idea the make/model) and the latency was terrible.

I use a Roland Edirol UF-4X for my MIDI interface; you could probably snag that for really cheap (and has a preamp, some onboard effects, 24/96 converters).
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I have a rather cheap one. It was something around 20 bucks, I think. Looks like this and works just fine:

📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…