Quantcast
Profire 2626 input monitoring issues...advice? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Profire 2626 input monitoring issues...advice?
Old 23rd January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Profire 2626 input monitoring issues...advice?

I use a Profire 2626 with Protools 8. If I use the stock settings, I get two signals going on while recording. I get the "no latency" DSP signal and the signal out of Pro Tools with latancy. Even if I adjust the latency down to where it's almost none in PT, I still get two signals that are very close together, almost sounds like they are phasing.

I have, in the past, found work arounds but I honestly can't remember what I did. I keep trying to figure it out and when I think I have it, I find a fatal flaw. For example, I can route the signal in PT to nothing so you don't hear the second signal. The problem with this is that punch ins are impossible until you set it back up to where the recorded signal is routed "correctly", but then you get the two signals. I have routed mic input to nothing and I can get the results I want through monitoring but it doesn't record. I have done many more things like routing the signal to a send so it records on a separate track but that gets confusing.

Is there a simple way to do this without a lot of difficulty I am overlooking. My limitations are that I cannot turn off input monitoring on PT 8, that I know of. Muting is a pain as I do punch ins quite a bit. I forgot how I even routed my Profire mixer to no have the DSP/no latacy signal to show up but many artists I work with can't deal with even a slight latency and I am at my minimum and it wasn't quick enough.

Am I just overlooking something? I don't mind having two settings, one for tracking, one for mixing on the profire mixer, I just want to make this usable without buying new software if I don't have to.
Old 23rd January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Try muting everything but your software return in the profire mixer. That way you only hear the pro tools output, not the direct outs. The latency is a little more workable when it's not phasing and chorusing with the direct outs.
Old 23rd January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
What kind of computer?
Old 23rd January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
And are you in stand alone mode?...You could check your play back engine.(the lower the number the better as far as lattency goes.).
Old 23rd January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Love ➑️
What kind of computer?
HP Pavilion Elite HPE-210f. Windows 7-64 bit. Stock almost everything, stock ram.
Old 23rd January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Old 23rd January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I had the same problem using windows..check updated drivers also m audio allways seems to have them on there web site.f.i.y mac w/lepord or lion works great for this set up....good luck bro.
Old 23rd January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdreirik ➑️
Try muting everything but your software return in the profire mixer. That way you only hear the pro tools output, not the direct outs. The latency is a little more workable when it's not phasing and chorusing with the direct outs.
That kind of works. No problem when just recording. The issue I may have with this is that is punch ins. I have to be on Auto Input Monitoring to hear what is being recorded but then I can't hear the mic. Hard to find the right time to punch in when I can't hear them. Just doing some tests right now.
πŸ“ Reply