Quantcast
headphone out problems - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
headphone out problems
Old 18th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
headphone out problems

In the last week: 2 different interfaces, and the exact same problem with both: I cannot get any signal through the headphone out. Both in direct monitoring and playback. Vendor "A" was kinda snooty with me and offered no solutions, so that unit went back. I have not used customer support with vendor "B" yet, but this time I installed the drivers for the interface on the household computer, and got the same thing. In both cases I used the latest drivers available and I right clicked the speaker icon in the lower rh corner of win 7 64 and set the interface as default. I have several demo DAWs loaded, same thing in all of them. I have to switch settings to the computer's headphone out to hear playback, and this does not work for direct monitoring, which is a pain when positioning mics for proximity.

Is it possible that my consumer grade headphones are causing the problem? They are SkullCandy Aviators and they do have the iPod volume/pause control on the chord. I use an 1/8" to 1/4" adapter. I was planning on upgrading the headphones next big check.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…