vhs help? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
vhs help?
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
vhs help?

hi all,
ive been using a hifi vhs player/recorder to record my beats to and back again to my cpu, the results are great on most material it adds a nice rawness that compliments my beats,
i have a problem id like to fix: after recording back from the vhs the right channel always comes out a few dbs louder than the left side (2-3), any body know how to fix this, i could lower the right side in my daw but i dont know if that could lead to other problems eg if the right got limited more etc.

thanx
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
First, are you sure that what you are sending out is correctly balanced, beyond the meters on the DAW? (Like maybe the problem is in the sound card.) If you know that the output is properly calibrated then you would have to be able to adjust the audio output of the VHS deck.... not usually something that can be done by the consumer, if at all, depending upon the deck. You'd have to get inside and see just what is amiss (the tape tracking or the output amps or ?????)
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…