uad satellite - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
uad satellite
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
uad satellite

can't quite see how these uad satellite things work as a solution: if you have an imac with firewire 800 then you're going to be having a chain of your interface, firewire hd and the satellite on the same chain. Uad seem a bit cagey about the likely performance with this set up, yet it's the most likely set up for the product!

You can't employ plugins on the way in? As for performance, even with the uad charts, it's still not clear what to expect

any users with this set up?
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Don't have this setup myself but I would say this: Expect horrific latency problems when trying to overdub into a mix. Two solutions to this problem:

1) Use a USB interface and keep the FW bus free for the UAD.

2) (Not possible with an iMac or Macbook) Buy a FW PCI card and run your interface and UAD Satellite on two seperate buses.
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
kind of what I thought - I do have an imac, so it sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
If you are set on the UAD plugs then you might consider only using them for mixing and inactivating them if you need to record overdubs.
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
thanks, but it doesn't seem even working like that is very stable - just not worth the cash
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…