Quantcast
Saffire Pro 14 - headphone cue problem - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Saffire Pro 14 - headphone cue problem
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Saffire Pro 14 - headphone cue problem

Using the Saffire Pro 14, does anyone know if it's possible to send/return audio on analogue inputs/outputs 3 & 4, but still have the headphone cue listening to outputs 1&2 (the monitor mix)?

I'm trying to send/return audio to an external effects unit using in/outs 3&4, but then still have the ability to listen over headphones or via studio monitors (so both headphones and monitors are set to Mix 1 (L&R)).

Currently, if I set it up like this, I get wild feedback (which sounds great - and I've saved that as a setting, but I want the control over whether or not I have it feeding-back). If I set it up so that it doesn't feedback, and the FX unit sounds as it's meant to, then - from the headphone output - I can only hear the mix without the effect unit (so I'm not hearing the return of 3/4).

So, does anyone know if it's possible - using the Saffire Pro 14 - to set it up as follows:

monitor output: 1 & 2
headphone output: 1 & 2 (same mix as monitors)
FX send: output 3 & 4
FX return: input 3 & 4

It seems easy... right?

I've been through the Focusrite User Guide, but still haven't got it set-up the way I want (duplicates of main mix through monitor output and headphone outputs, send/receive with 3 & 4).

The problem seems to be that the headphone out is a duplicate of outputs 3 & 4 (as suggested in the below screenscrab):

Old 18th February 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Dealing with the same issue right now...anyone find a work around?
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…