Quantcast
Little Blondie vs 12 Gauge Red - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Little Blondie vs 12 Gauge Red
Old 23rd September 2012
Deleted f25ebd2
Little Blondie vs 12 Gauge Red?

Just curious as to whether people have compared these two tiny omnidirectional SDCs. I have and love a pair of little blondies. Lots of people around the net seem excited about the 12 gauge microphones. The little blondies cost about $85 more per mic.
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I know it's a bit of a bump but I'm particularly interested in this subject. The only function mics that I'm missing from my mic locker right now are a pair of room mics and a dedicated kick mic. I know the Little Blondie has a great reputation but as of right now I'm attempting to get mics together on a shoestring budget.
Old 30th January 2013
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I ran a quick shootout tonight with my 12Ga Red vs. my late model Little Blondie. Need to convert files b4 I can post them for your listening. For now I can state the following observations: The 12Ga Red needed much less gain than the Little Blondie...nearly 15dB less. However the Little Blondie seemed to have less self noise even though my Pre was pushing around 50-55dB of gain (Mackie Blackjack). Additionally, where I was originally very impressed with the 12Ga Reds as a bang for buck alternative, doing this shootout made me realize just how sweet the Little Blondies sound on AcGtr. I've two pair of the 12Ga Reds because I liked the first pair so much I wanted backups in case they failed for whatever reason (which they haven't). But tonight I have to tip my hat to the Little Blondies, for the articulation and warmth are just there. Not as inexpensive as the Reds but still a great value! Fit & finish are of a higher caliber as well (pun intended-sorry!).

Anyway, plan to post files in a day or two. Hope this helps thus far.
Old 30th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I cannot speak for the Little Blondies, but my Red12 is decent for the $35 dollar price range. They have a decent amount of self noise, but they are very usable nevertheless.
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Just my luck I have samples ready but can't attach them due to some freaky 'security token' issue within GS. Contacting a moderator only complicated the issue. :(
Old 3rd February 2013
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Lets try this once more

If it goes well, please note that I may have placed the mics a little too close to the bridge, enhancing proximity a bit. Also, please forgive my sloppy playing Hope this helps. SUCCESS!!
Attached Files

12GaRedSample.wav (4.28 MB, 1335 views)

LittleBlondieSample.wav (4.46 MB, 1481 views)

📝 Reply