Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshakti ➑️
Unbiased answers only,

What is its core potential and how is it useful for composer
Pitch correction.have you ever used a MIDI editor/piano roll in a daw?

Melodyne allow you to change the note to desired key,as well as lengthen and shorten notes.

I think it can smooth out shaky vibrator!

Sent from my PC36100
Old 23rd September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGJAY ➑️
Hate it when my vibrator gets shaky.
Old 23rd September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldenW ➑️
Hate it when my vibrator gets shaky.
Just use Melodyne!!
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Its useful for a composer because you can track one vocal take and use Melodyne to experiment with the notes/melody you want
instead of tracking 12 different variations of a melody to figure out what you want. Much quicker using melodyne.
Then when you decide what you want. Retrack it that way. Great creative tool to non-destructively experiment.

Melodyne Tutorial: Creative Use of Formants - YouTube

Melodyne Tutorial: Demixing and Remixing a Vocal Phrase - YouTube

Melodyne Tutorial: Extracting a Guitar Lick to MIDI - YouTube
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGJAY ➑️
Pitch correction.have you ever used a MIDI editor/piano roll in a daw?

Melodyne allow you to change the note to desired key,as well as lengthen and shorten notes.

Sent from my PC36100
Oh i c..
Amm..
Ya..i hv used piano roll in garageband..
Melodyne seems a professional solution to post alter the recordings..

I hv heard abt composers recording sumthing on a lower octave ( cos of vocal limitations of the singer) and pulling it way higher in post production..
M i guessin rite?

How demanding is it..training and system resources wise..
Will i b able to operate in this software hving not so great studio setup and a beginners approach?
Old 26th September 2012
Gear Maniac
Use full words for the love and spell right..

Anyways you need a decent computer for using it as a plugin. As a stand alone nothing huge is needed.

And just like any program, just gotta dig through it and use it. W t take long to learn.

But yea you could repitch stuff up octaves..not going to sound amazing. But does work great for making harmonized parts.

If your looking for the auto tune sound..I'd just get auto tune. It's just faster to use. Auto tune is good for quick fixes and melodyne for really picking stuff apart and tuning everything super tight.
Old 26th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg ➑️
Use full words for the love and spell right..

Anyways you need a decent computer for using it as a plugin. As a stand alone nothing huge is needed.

And just like any program, just gotta dig through it and use it. W t take long to learn.

But yea you could repitch stuff up octaves..not going to sound amazing. But does work great for making harmonized parts.

If your looking for the auto tune sound..I'd just get auto tune. It's just faster to use. Auto tune is good for quick fixes and melodyne for really picking stuff apart and tuning everything super tight.

Sory for the inconvenience.i use idevices,thats why i use shortforms.wil b more careful now onwards.

Ayways,
Thanks for your help

Can u tel me what is the difference and pros and cons of using it as a standalone or as a plugin?
Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
During song writing I'll use it to retweak melodies.

During tracking I'll use it show the backup vocal what the harmony is, which is pathetic but... as long as they can hear the melody and sing it. It works.

During editing for tuning and timing vocals. I've also done the same with guitar tracks with some luck.

Certain guitar parts if it's a single note lead which several octaves of it going I'll use melodyne to tighten it up pitch and timing wise.

Very good tool.
Old 27th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Melodic ideas.

Often feel like my ideas are dull, but tweaking them around in Melodyne is kind of like having another musician with you and you get that Lennon/McCartney factor (without the exponential wealth).

I only just got it, so I've only really played with some vocals, but their tutorials really open up the creative aspects, especially the ones they post quite frequently if you've liked them on Facebook.
Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I use it a lot. It does a great job without a lot of artifacting. I do find a little of the sound quality suffers when the note changes are drastic. The closer to pitch that the singer or instrument is, the better it performs.
Old 28th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I use it on voices and bass guitar for pitch fine tuning on some notes and chirurgical tempo correction.
I like the fact that its easy to use and the results are more convincing than most other soft I herd.
You can make a poor signer sound fantastic.
Old 28th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I use it on

-- Lead vocal tracks, to tighten pitch and timing
-- Backing vocal tracks, to tighten them to the main vocal

I also use it for surgery on instrumental tracks (eg a guitar bend that doesn't quite get there).

I like Melodyne because it's a swiss army knife and it's very well integrated with Studio One. The only time I use Autotune is when I need some fast fully-auto pitch correction, as it's easier to dial in the parameters.
Old 13th October 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Wo great to kno tht it is of so vast use
πŸ“ Reply