Quantcast
Need a new LOW noise interface! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Need a new LOW noise interface!
Old 22nd September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Need a new LOW noise interface!

First of all, Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Secondly, yes I did a search.

Okay, my current interface; a Phonic Firefly 302+ that I got for $174 is really noisy, so noisy in fact, that when I plug my guitar straight in, I can't ring out some notes as long as I would like to because the hiss overpowers the sustain of the guitar, and I cant use the LePou HyBrit amp sim plugin (which I really like) at all because it just picks up the noise way too much. It is not my instruments either, the hiss is there even when there is nothing plugged in.

So I'm ready to upgrade. I would like an interface with 4-8 instrument inputs, under $800, low noise.

I have been looking at the MOTU ultralite mk3 hybrid and it seems to be fantastic, awesome drivers and software, really low latency, hybrid USB/firewire.... But is the noise low enough that I can plug any instrument directly into the inputs and not worry about hiss? What other interfaces would you guys recommend?

Thanks!
Old 22nd September 2012
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Steinberg ur824
Roland octacapture
Old 22nd September 2012
Gear Addict

The Scarlett 2i2 by Focusrite is super noiseless at least for mics.
Not sure about the line-ins, but I doubt any more noise than the XLRs.
Old 22nd September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
lol this site is ****, suck ma dick bitches, later.
Old 22nd September 2012
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 5 years
So because you haven't gotten a definitive answer from a forum in 14 hours means that this site is ****? No offense but even if I was being paid as a professional to assist you most businesses suggest waiting 24-48 hours for assistance.

Funny I don't recall getting paid to consult for you (I was pretty sure all the members here were just volunteering time for free). And I was pretty sure most of us have lives outside of this forum.

So maybe being a slight bit respectful to a community of people that is usually willing to help would come in handy.

To reply to your topic it's hard to say that buying a different interface will really solve your issue.

Noise can come from something as simple as an unbalanced connection to something harder to isolate like interference, dirty power, etc. So if there is an issue with your guitar, your environment, etc then the interface isn't to blame.

Perhaps before making a purchase you can do a few things to pin point the source of the noise.
1. Plug in a mic - do you still get all the hiss?
2. Try using the device in another room on a different outlet (if you have one try using a power conditioner to see if perhaps dirty power is causing interference)
3. Try using the guitar on another device to see if you still get that noise
4. If after doing these things the device is identified as the culprit try contacting the manufacturer of the product, either to see if it's something your doing wrong or if they can fix it under warranty

I mean if you have your heart set on an interface fantastic personally I think it's a waste of money seeing as you may not solve your issue and as how most of the devices you are looking at imho for simply doing guitar would be overkill.
๐Ÿ“ Reply