Valley industries Dynamite 2 mod? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Valley industries Dynamite 2 mod?
Old 19th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Valley industries Dynamite 2 mod?

Hi all you compressor fanatics you....... :-P
I just bought a valley people Dynamite 2 for some serious smashing of room mics. The version with 2 channels and the purple logo on it. I really like it but it,s kind of noisy. Is there any one out there with electronic skills that knows how to do to mod it to make it more quiet?

I found a thread on tape OP but they talked about the wrong version with another cercuit board.

Have a nice one!

//jonathan
Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
sure it doesn't just need recapping? Had a pair of Compe IIs that were like noise with a signal in the background, shelled out to have them recapped and boom. Now it's signal with literally no noise. Might be worth having a tech go over it.
Old 20th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Yeah maybe you're right. But i wanted to try to just exchange the most crucial components first to see if there is a short cut. I'm a complete noob when it comes to electronics but i had some great success switching it from 100 v to 220 :-P (it was only a jumper hehe) so nothing to brag about. But i see this whole research as a really nice way to learn more about electronics.

My question is if someone can point me in the right direction just to tell me the names of the components to try change/replace first.

a quote from Tape OP

"Easily fixed. Replace IC1 and 2 to LME49740 quads for the TLO74's. Replace the 5534 on the output to a LME49710. Now it's very quiet and clearer."

Googled the components and i now know how they look like but i don't know where they are located on the schematics. Any ideas anybody.

Yeah if someone wonders how to switch from 110 v to 220 v on the valley people dynamite 2. put the jumper on JP2 instead of JP1. Something that confused me was that they have mixed it all up in the text in the manual. The right description shall say

"Place a 0 ohm resistor in JP2 if line voltage is 220VAC or put it in JP1 if the line voltage is 110VAC" Don't know if it's only my manual that is faulty. And don't forget to change fuse to 1/8A slow blow = (125mA 250V) But make shure to check with someone professional. I asked a teacher at school and it turned out fine.

Here are the schematics and a picture of the model.

Thanks in advance.

// Jonathan
Attached Thumbnails
Valley industries Dynamite 2 mod?-schematics.jpg   Valley industries Dynamite 2 mod?-dynamite-2.jpg  
๐Ÿ“ Reply