Quantcast
Is the phantom power on a scarlett 8i6 enough to power a triton Audio fethead - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is the phantom power on a scarlett 8i6 enough to power a triton Audio fethead
Old 19th September 2012
Is the phantom power on a scarlett 8i6 enough to power a triton Audio fethead

Reading the thread on the fethead versus cloudlifter I saw that the fethead requires a good source of phantom power to sound good. so I was wondering if I'm going to buy the fethead whether or not my scarlett 8i6 interface has good enough phantom power to run the Fethead. As well my setup is right now is an SM7B into I my Scarlett interface into my PC. Do you guys think I could really benefit from either the fethead or the cloudlifter. Or is it not going to be that much of a difference? The Scarlett interface was rated one of the quietest interfaces to use with An SM 7B by recording hacks.com right below the maudio c400
Old 20th September 2012
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
First off, the Fethead is cheap junk, The XLR connect is cheaply made. Like a 7 dollar mic cable. Get the Cloudlifter, and buy it from a GS sponsor!

I run the Cloudlifter on a FR 18i6, should be the same. I also had a fethead that also worked (If you like cheap parts)
Old 20th September 2012
fethead

So what problems did the fethead give you? did you have any problems with it except for the parts being cheap?
๐Ÿ“ Reply