Quantcast
How is Apogee MiC Soundwise..can u suggest anythng better? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How is Apogee MiC Soundwise..can u suggest anythng better?
Old 18th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
How is Apogee MiC Soundwise..can u suggest anythng better?

i have shortlisted this mic http://apogeedigital.com/products/mic.php
Cos it is versatile and connects to ipad iphone n Macs also..
Now my question.it costs a bit xpensive. Arnd 300bucks or 13000 inr in india,is it worth the money?

Or if i go for any other condensor mic.will there be any betterment in the sound?? I hope u got my point..
Just because apogee mic is portable and connects to so many devices..m i gona compromise sound quality..?
I wont bear inferior sound if i cn get better sounding mics at this price point. Make certain comparisons ppl n suggest other options if any.
I wana record string instrents n voices mainly. I do soft n slow music mainly..
Portability and idevice compatibilities are add on features which i wil prefer as a bonus. But not by compromising quality..
Old 18th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Nothing in its price range and class as a usb/ipad/iphone mic is better IMO.I do think if you try to close mic loud rock in roll drums depending where you put or point the mic you could possibly run into some clipping.My friend made 9 videos for Apogee demoing the mic on eastern/world percussion as well as other styles of drumming and percussion and it really sounds great.For the price and quality it is outstanding.....or"amazing".heh
Old 18th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlheinz ➑️
Nothing in its price range and class as a usb/ipad/iphone mic is better IMO.I do think if you try to close mic loud rock in roll drums depending where you put or point the mic you could possibly run into some clipping.My friend made 9 videos for Apogee demoing the mic on eastern/world percussion as well as other styles of drumming and percussion and it really sounds great.For the price and quality it is outstanding.....or"amazing".heh
What if i forget abt idevice connectivity..cn i gt a better sounding mic in the same price range?

N if possible ,post links of those videos,wil b very helpful..
Old 18th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
The mic is a great - I like it on acoustic instruments and vocals. As noted above its designed to run off pretty low power so I would think that inherent design would limit the headroom of the mic as noted above on drums. Its a good acoustic singer/songwriter tool though.

I would not put it on electric cabs or drums probably.
Old 20th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I love the Mic! It is very sturdy and it is not a toy at all (which was my initial thought when starting to see all these iOS mics). A big plus is that it connects to my Mac as well, which not every iOS mic does. I've used it on acoustic guitars, vocals and even strings and I'm very happy with the results. If you want to record vocals and strings it would be great for it. They have a few samples on Apogee's website that quite impress me, this is one of them: Recording with Apogee MiC, Apple iPad and Garageband - Wise Cub - Motions by Apogee Electronics on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljz ➑️
I love the Mic! It is very sturdy and it is not a toy at all (which was my initial thought when starting to see all these iOS mics). A big plus is that it connects to my Mac as well, which not every iOS mic does. I've used it on acoustic guitars, vocals and even strings and I'm very happy with the results. If you want to record vocals and strings it would be great for it. They have a few samples on Apogee's website that quite impress me, this is one of them: Recording with Apogee MiC, Apple iPad and Garageband - Wise Cub - Motions by Apogee Electronics on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

What accesories do u use with it,.filters..stands?
Old 25th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Well i hv a specific need..i want my mic to b able to record husky female whisper kinda voice tones..i want the seductive feel in some tracks that i hv composed..
I guess the mic needs to b very silent and sensitive for that..
Even the stickyness of singer's lip gloss shud b heard..that sensitivity m talking abt..lol

Can the apogee mic do it guys? Ny other alternate recommendations if u kno r welcome..

N ya..as u all kno..apple has changed its connection port from 30 pin to LIGHTNING proprietary port..
now..
Apogee wl update a new cable for this mic or a new model wil cm..shud i wait?
Cos hving to attach a jack converter all the time wil b cumbersome and i surely gona purchase iphone 5 once it is released in my country
Old 26th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I would recommend using a pop filter with it as its pretty sensitive to plosives. Apple already has a port connector for the new port so I would just get that. I have the short apogee cable, and the long cable in 30 pin format so I will not purchase another cable from them for this specific device. I will just use the adaptor for now with my iPhone 5.
Old 26th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawntp ➑️
I would recommend using a pop filter with it as its pretty sensitive to plosives. Apple already has a port connector for the new port so I would just get that. I have the short apogee cable, and the long cable in 30 pin format so I will not purchase another cable from them for this specific device. I will just use the adaptor for now with my iPhone 5.
Pop filter reduces plosives and noises..
I want some nuances to b heard..n even weak whispers to b recorder..
M a bit confused why u said a pop filter
Old 27th September 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshakti ➑️
What accesories do u use with it,.filters..stands?
Yes, I have the adaptor so it can be used on a normal mic stand, and I just attach a pop filter to the stand and its ready to go!
Old 27th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
The pop filter just prevents fast moving air (generated from P's/T's/etc) from having excessive impact to the diaphragm. I find the Apogee Mic to specifically have a lower headroom level (probably partially due to the design based on a low voltage) so it seems to be a little more sensitive to sound pressure. I track mine with an acoustic guitar, mandolin, ukulele, and vocals. For voice I always use a pop filter with the apogee mic.
Old 28th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawntp ➑️
The pop filter just prevents fast moving air (generated from P's/T's/etc) from having excessive impact to the diaphragm. I find the Apogee Mic to specifically have a lower headroom level (probably partially due to the design based on a low voltage) so it seems to be a little more sensitive to sound pressure. I track mine with an acoustic guitar, mandolin, ukulele, and vocals. For voice I always use a pop filter with the apogee mic.

Hmmm..i guess i would need both pop filter and a full sizes stand for it..
Old 17th December 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Could one of you Apogee Mic owners comment on the monitoring latency with it? Apogee had some FAQ I found (and of course I don't have the link handy) which states that in their own testing, they achieved 23ms latency with Garageband on the iPad. This seems like way, way too much latency for realtime guitar/vocal monitoring while tracking. What have your experiences been in this regard?
Old 2nd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
^^^nice question..mee too would like to kno (sorry cant help as i dont own one.just planning to purchase one)
Old 2nd January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Regarding sound quality - it's fantastic.

Regarding latency - it shouldn't be an issue.

For the money, this thing is weirdly good. Download Auria and things will start getting really fun.

Old 18th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WB1984 ➑️
Regarding sound quality - it's fantastic.

Regarding latency - it shouldn't be an issue.

For the money, this thing is weirdly good. Download Auria and things will start getting really fun.

Suggestion of the AURIA app was really verry useful..i am not an xpert,using it wil be tedious for me bt i surely wl try the auria app and mic..
thanks loads!
Old 27th February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I have two fresh queries regarding the apogee mic..

how does it compare to SE ELECTRONICS X1R mic..tthis looks more professional..
What about the sound?

N the other query is regarding the shock mounts..which one shud i use with the apogee mic?
Old 27th February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
bump
πŸ“ Reply