Quantcast
$100 at guitar center...go! - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
$100 at guitar center...go!
Old 22nd September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years

The reality is: At guitar center, $150 for "recording gear / mics" doesn't get much of note. I don't believe they stock a lot of the low end favorites in that range.

Come to think of it, I got a pair of CAD e60 there at a bit under $100 each. That may be worth looking into.
CAD e60 Cardoid Condenser Microphone | GuitarCenter

-tINY

Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Why should we care about real input from like minded people when we can easily see what a biased retailer has has marked as "best selling" or most popular? Best selling items are often so because of an overstock. They knock the price down, and sell a bunch, and suddenly, it's one of their best selling items. Or heavy advertising can increase a product's sales, but that speaks absolutely nothing to the device's function. Real discussion and input from actual users is still an important part of researching a purchase. That's one of the reasons this forum (and threads like this) are popular.

Maybe the OP does have plenty of headphones, but could still benefit from your suggestion to buy a pair with low impedance. Throw it out there, and let him check it out. Maybe he doesn't actually "need" anything at all, he's just looking for something cool to play with.

Cheers.
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I like the headphone suggestion, if you don't have a couple pair already.
7506's always are a good pick.
I'd also recommend the Ultrasone HFI-450 at that price point.

I also think checking out a pair of small monitors might be a decent idea, if you don't have more than one pair already.

If you're stuck on a mic, I LOVE the Audio-Technica Pro 44 suggestion - great call, slackstallion!

Here's another to consider: Crown Sound Grabber II PZM Condenser Microphone | GuitarCenter
Maybe call Brad and he can hook you up with two at a discount.

Good luck with your choices.
Old 22nd September 2012
Deleted 4205102
Guitar strings...
Old 12th November 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I know I'm a bit late, but if you haven't spent it yet put another $200 towards it and buy the presonus studiochannel they sell, swap the tube for something nicer and more suiting to your needs and it can work wonders. I picked one up a few years ago, and it's been a jack of all trades for me. Sounds great with my NT2a on almost any kind of vocal, and if you double or replace drums its awesome for sampling. I've also used it as a Pre to an early 90's ampeg 2x12 for some overdrive with fantastic results. Vocals, guitars, drums, a decent versatile pre does wonders when you cant access high end equipment or youre working from home. AND, its a channel strip, compressor is alright, I do enjoy the eq on it, suddle tweeks seemed to be the most effective for me. Hope my 2 cents helped!
📝 Reply