Quantcast
Mic for my Saffire PRO 24 DSP - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mic for my Saffire PRO 24 DSP
Old 13th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Mic for my Saffire PRO 24 DSP

I'll make this quick, I'm running a Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP on W7 Ultimate SP1, Intel i7 3770K (SB), 16GB, Sonar X1 etc etc.

Of course it's a home studio so I'm not going for the hot stuff, but I'll try to get the best for my budget. I have a Prodipe STC-3D Lanen. As my first mic I wanted to get an "all around". I mainly record acoustic guitar/piano and vocals (same time if possible). Using the Prodipe to record guitar and vocals in one go plus EQ and effects I'm "satisfied" in some way with my first recordings but this is my first time recording so I got no experience. So here's my question: Would I get better results if I split the budget of the Prodipe (maybe add some extra $) and get a separate vocal mic (unidirectional) and a small diafragm condenser for the acoustic guitar. Being able to record both into separate tracks with their correct mics and then aply the EQs will give me better quality? Plus as it is a bed room studio when I get the Saffire's pres high the mic gets the noise from my PC and regular ambience noise (never the less it is quite low and I can get it out with effs) Would using high volume in pres with the unidirectionals mics get rid of the noise?

some recomendations for the mics? I was thinking maybe 58a or 58 for vocals and I'm clueless for the acoustic guitar condenser. Any suggestions?
Old 13th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
anyone? Just a vocal mic and a acoustic guitar mic of that range (sm58 etc)
Old 13th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Have you searched the forums? Lots of suggestions for exactly what you're looking for. Quicker than waiting for replies.

Good luck.
๐Ÿ“ Reply