Quantcast
USB alternative to a Konnekt 6 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
USB alternative to a Konnekt 6
Old 12th September 2012
  #1
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
USB alternative to a Konnekt 6

The two things that are important to me are to keep the conversion quality, and a headphone amp of similar quality to drive some HD600s. They are the priorities but I do need to switch to USB for laptop friendliness. I am on a super tight budget so no Macs.
Old 13th September 2012
  #2
Gear Maniac
 
asap audio's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
M Audio C400. I too have the konnekt 6 - it's been great.
Old 13th September 2012 | Show parent
  #3
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by asap audio ➑️
M Audio C400. I too have the konnekt 6 - it's been great.
Thanks, had M-audio products before, want to stay well clear and I am moving away from PT(Avid).

M-Audio and PT have always been a disapointment on the conversion side. Are you sure this is up to it?
Old 14th September 2012 | Show parent
  #4
Gear Maniac
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetrunks ➑️
Thanks, had M-audio products before, want to stay well clear and I am moving away from PT(Avid).

M-Audio and PT have always been a disapointment on the conversion side. Are you sure this is up to it?
There's this:

Best Budget Audio Interfaces for SM7B | recording hacks

Seems nice for 150. I've heard bad in the past as well. Did a little research on here and heard mostly positive and one guy said he hated it, but didn't say what the issue was.
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
  #5
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman74 ➑️
There's this:

Best Budget Audio Interfaces for SM7B | recording hacks

Seems nice for 150. I've heard bad in the past as well. Did a little research on here and heard mostly positive and one guy said he hated it, but didn't say what the issue was.
I am going to get hold of one to compare with the TC. ]

It was really hard to find any proper specifications the unit though.
Old 18th September 2012
  #6
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Tried the C400 today, just on the cans. Not up to it. I would presume it's the headphone amp that doesn't cut it. The conversion might be fine but I am not going to pursue it.

Any other ideas? Or did TC collar the market??!
Old 19th September 2012 | Show parent
  #7
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetrunks ➑️
Tried the C400 today, just on the cans. Not up to it. I would presume it's the headphone amp that doesn't cut it. The conversion might be fine but I am not going to pursue it.

Any other ideas? Or did TC collar the market??!

Maybe they did then!
Old 20th September 2012
  #8
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Bump

Really need some ideas please!!

This is Gearslutz!???

Have I posted in the wrong sub-forum?
Old 21st September 2012
  #9
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Check out the Roland sound cards
Old 21st September 2012 | Show parent
  #10
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spons ➑️
Check out the Roland sound cards

The Duo-Capture I presume?
Old 21st September 2012
  #11
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
don't know about the headphone amp but i think this one is worth a look:

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
  #12
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmuz ➑️
don't know about the headphone amp but i think this one is worth a look:

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS
I do remember checking an NI sound card out when I got the TC. Didn't show me much on the monitoring front.
Old 23rd September 2012
  #13
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
....or Quad capture. I have a VS100 the headphone amp on that seems fine. A lot of people rate the Komplete audio 6. I had a TC Konnekt it was awful. sounded good but the drivers were so unstable and when firewire disconnects and hooks up again it can put out a heavy blast of white noise.
Old 23rd September 2012 | Show parent
  #14
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spons ➑️
....or Quad capture. I have a VS100 the headphone amp on that seems fine. A lot of people rate the Komplete audio 6. I had a TC Konnekt it was awful. sounded good but the drivers were so unstable and when firewire disconnects and hooks up again it can put out a heavy blast of white noise.
I have never treated audio interfaces USB or firewire as hot plug-gable.

I am running mine on XP, no problems. What OS was you using?
Old 9th December 2012
  #15
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Sorry for bump this thread, but i'm with the same problem (and before all, sorry to my bad english):

I need a usb interface with the same output quality as the konnekt 6. For use with Mackies MR8 MKII, SHR840/MDR - 7609HD/DT 770 Pro 80 for mixing and monitoring.

The konnekt are awesome, but I will work with a notebook without firewire and there no need for a quality input on the new interface. A dac may be the solution, I realy don't know, and my budget is around U$200.
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 1178 views: 265264
Avatar for bill5
bill5 2 weeks ago
replies: 72 views: 10283
Avatar for muziksculp
muziksculp 21st September 2009
replies: 136 views: 23622
Avatar for beat you down
beat you down 10th September 2010
replies: 156 views: 19177
Avatar for Lenzo
Lenzo 28th October 2012
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump