Behringer DI's - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer DI's
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxietySwitch ➡️
Cheap and gets the job done.... the ART Tube MP.
ART Tube MP Studio Mic Preamp | Musician's Friend
30 bucks. Sure, it's a cheap mic pre... but it can also double as a D.I. box if you set the volumes accordingly, how's that for versatility?
Just change the tube, would be my only suggestion, and not even something you would have to immediately do, it doesn't really do too much to the sound. A new tube will run you like $15, $20.

Palmer stuff is awesome if you don't mind spending the bones. Their PDI-09 can be had for like 160 bucks, but it's a good unit, and has built in speaker simulation that can come in pretty handy if you're running preamp signals direct.
I actually own one of these! I use it with my mxl 990. Never thought of using it as a di... perhaps i should give that a try
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Old 15th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_B ➡️
From the description (When I move around or point the guitar different directions the hum changes volumes but never goes away. When I use the same setup at my drummers house I don't have a single problem with noise), the hum is most likely to be caused by induction. That is, alternating currents present in nearby electrical equipment induce a current in the pick-ups . The DI, however much you spend on it, will see this as a signal and it will still be audible.

DIs are very useful in live applications for getting unbalanced signals into the mic input of a mixer. They also work well at eliminated hums caused by ground loops. Most PA rental companies and venues with in house systems will carry DI boxes.
Thanks for the info! Basically what i've gathered from everyone is that i shouldnt waste my money on a di box since it wont serve me much purpose Maybe i should spend my money elsewhere
📝 Reply