Quantcast
DM-24 = Repair or Replace - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DM-24 = Repair or Replace
Old 11th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
DM-24 = Repair or Replace

My DM-24 Just went crazy. Doing a reset (which barely resets anything btw) didnt fix it. All of sudden (after some digital crackle) no audio routes to any of the CH assignments. I can only send audio to my Aux busses. From there I can send to my stereo, or my 1-8 busses hardware.... just not directly to my 1-8 or my stereo bus. Meters pump on inputs, and not on outputs. So I am confident the software is messed.

Next I will try a firware restore. But I am thinking, if I have to repair this thing.. should I just buy something else?

I need something small like this... so the 3200 is too much. I like the yamaha 1v96 but it doesnt have near the routing I get out of my DM24. I am currently running 16 tracks from my Protools, via TDIF and AES, and then 8 analog out for monitoring in surround and stereo on two systems. Plus I get 8 track HUI control. Can I imitate that on a yamaha board? Is there something else in this price range that will work for me?

Thanks for any input.
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
it could be the power supply the capacitors are one of the weak points. The board can go crazy when the power supply is not working properly.
It shouldn't be very expensive to fix.

In that price range and size I can't think of an real alternative, especially the routing and the digital IOs are hard to find on other boards.
📝 Reply