The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Black Lion Audio Mod for Liquid Saffire 56
Old 22nd May 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhollos ➡️
Rarely have I seen a truer word written on this site.

Oh, i meant the bit about buying the wrong tool to begin with and trying to remedy that error with mods etc.
My interest in the mod was for purely upgrading a piece of gear to "pro" quality, not buying the wrong thing to begin with. Some of us like to start out on cheaper gear and work our way up, others like to dive straight into massively expensive rigs. I still think the pres are stellar on this and go into an HD rig quite nicely, they can be used alongside way more expensive pres.
Old 23rd May 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala Land ➡️
My interest in the mod was for purely upgrading a piece of gear to "pro" quality, not buying the wrong thing to begin with. Some of us like to start out on cheaper gear and work our way up, others like to dive straight into massively expensive rigs. I still think the pres are stellar on this and go into an HD rig quite nicely, they can be used alongside way more expensive pres.
Friend, you mistake my comment. I too have started out cheap and am working my way up. If anything I was talking from my own personal experience about myself.

I agree with you that the preamps on the unit are OK. The liquid preamps are quite useful and if you're using the unit in 88.2k and above then you can get some decent latency on it. I personally couldn't get it down very much on 44.1khz.

Anyway, there you have it!
📝 Reply