Quantcast
best rtas plugins in the industry!?! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
best rtas plugins in the industry!?!
Old 14th June 2006
  #1
Gear Nut
 
🎧 15 years
best rtas plugins in the industry!?!

Can anyone list the best plugins for mixing and mastering Pop and Rock stuff?
1. compressor/limitor/EQ for Vocal
2. compressor/limitor/EQ for drums
3. compressor/limitor/EQ for mastering

and other kinds of plugins!!

*PS plugins for protools
Old 14th June 2006
  #2
Lives for gear
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
some of my favorites now:

waves (ssl and qclone)
tritone digital (hydratone)
soundtoys (all of them)
sony oxford (dynamics/transmod/rev).
GML (eq)
TL (master meter)

not sure if these are all available in RTAS but i think so. maybe TL master meter isn't.

PS don't do much mastering.
Old 14th June 2006 | Show parent
  #3
Lives for gear
 
opentune's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I was quite impressed by the McDSP MC200 plug-in. Sounds great and
seems to be very versatile.
Old 14th June 2006 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
AlexLakis's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
You might wanna check out Massey's stuff. He has free demo downloads available, and I think his plugins are great! He has a new mastering limiter on there. I know there is an issue with the other plugins displaying properly in 16bit color mode...dunno if that's fixed or not yet, but the Limiter works fine!
Old 15th June 2006 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Sony Oxford and McDsp would be at the top out of what i have used.
Old 15th June 2006 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
jdjustice's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
My favorite plug-ins for RTAS (Native):

1. Sonalksis SV-315 Compressor & SV-517 Equalizer ($400)
2. Chandler Limited EMI TG12413 Limiter ($400)
3. Audio Ease Altiverb 5 Convolution Reverb ($500)
4. SoundToys Native Effects Bundle ($400)
5. Waves SSL 4000 Native Console-Emulating Bundle ($700)
6. URS Classic Console Compressors & Equalizers ($750)
7. Antares Auto-Tune 4 Pitch-Correction Plug-In ($300)

I can accomplish just about anything with these tools!!

Cheers,
J.D.
Old 15th June 2006 | Show parent
  #7
Gear Nut
 
🎧 15 years
is the waves SSL 4000 Native Console-Emulating Bundle really worth to buy????
what/how good is it?
Old 16th June 2006 | Show parent
  #8
WKG
Lives for gear
 
5 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis
You might wanna check out Massey's stuff. He has free demo downloads available, and I think his plugins are great! He has a new mastering limiter on there. I know there is an issue with the other plugins displaying properly in 16bit color mode...dunno if that's fixed or not yet, but the Limiter works fine!
I'll second Massey's plug-ins, I ended up purchasing all of them. Apparently he used to work for Trillium Lane and Digidesign.

All of his plugs are great. The demos are unlimited time as well. I haven't experienced any problems with display but I don't run in 16 bit mode either...
Old 17th June 2006 | Show parent
  #9
Gear Head
 
🎧 15 years
that's easy

The Behringer MULTICOM PRO-XL MDX4600 plug-in.

Emulates it perfectly. Must have.
Old 19th June 2006 | Show parent
  #10
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT MILK?
that's easy

The Behringer MULTICOM PRO-XL MDX4600 plug-in.

Emulates it perfectly. Must have.

Stick to audio, you're humor is severly lacking.
Old 20th June 2006 | Show parent
  #11
Gear Head
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy79
Stick to audio, you're humor is severly lacking.
if you only knew me in person you might think differently.

BUT - thanks for your opinion, it brightened my day. heh

BTW, it's YOUR. Also, it's severely, not severly.

Stick to audio, you are humor is severly lacking??

Stick to audio, bud.
Old 20th June 2006 | Show parent
  #12
Gear Nut
 
Dan DeTora's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT MILK?
if you only knew me in person you might think differently.

BUT - thanks for your opinion, it brightened my day. heh

BTW, it's YOUR. Also, it's severely, not severly.

Stick to audio, you are humor is severly lacking??

Stick to audio, bud.
****... everyone make a run for it - the grammar police just arrived. fuuck
Old 20th June 2006 | Show parent
  #13
Moderator
 
toolskid's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
maelstrom (gleetchplug) pretty rocking convolution morpher!! TERRIBLE in terms of usability but when its rocking its GREAT!!
Old 20th June 2006 | Show parent
  #14
Gear Head
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrax
****... everyone make a run for it - the grammar police just arrived. fuuck
lol

yet another clown flaming me. that's cool - whatever helps you sleep at night.
Old 20th June 2006 | Show parent
  #15
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT MILK?
lol

yet another clown flaming me. that's cool - whatever helps you sleep at night.

Stop being a whiney bitch. You've brought nothing to this thread and forced others to point it out. Don't make me treat you like I treat the noobs over at homerecording.com. Oh and you still aren't funny. fuuck fuuck fuuck
Old 20th June 2006 | Show parent
  #16
Gear Head
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy79
Stop being a whiney bitch. You've brought nothing to this thread and forced others to point it out. Don't make me treat you like I treat the noobs over at homerecording.com. Oh and you still aren't funny. fuuck fuuck fuuck
and you've contributed a lot.

now put your dunce cap on and sit in the corner little boy.
Old 21st June 2006 | Show parent
  #17
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT MILK?
and you've contributed a lot.

now put your dunce cap on and sit in the corner little boy.

Well I did say you forced people to point out the fact that you couldn't contribute anything but a lame ass attempt at a joke.
Old 21st June 2006 | Show parent
  #18
Gear Head
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy79
Well I did say you forced people to point out the fact that you couldn't contribute anything but a lame ass attempt at a joke.
I'm guessing you have a rack of Behringer gear..you don't need the emulations.
Old 21st June 2006 | Show parent
  #19
Guest
Guest
1. compressor/limitor/EQ for Vocal
I still stick to outboard here. Run it out again and again until you get what you want. This tends to be the focus, so I try to hold back no expense or effort. I still suck anyways! Outside of this I would say McDSP CB 1 or 2 and RenComp have worked for me. This and any decent HP/LP filter plugs. On vox I tend to use filters over any other eq method.
2. compressor/limitor/EQ for drums
Until I got a 384, I was getting good results in the drum buss w/ McDSP CB1 set with a slow attack and quick release (50-70ms/50-100ms). It was nice and spanky. Lots of filters here as well. The McDSP stuff again for the most part.
3. compressor/limitor/EQ for mastering
If I do this in the box I tend to start with Ren, then MC2000, then BF Pultec, then ???, then L2(dither). Yeah, I know...that is all wrong, and most of the time I end up removing all but 1 or 2 of the items.


Good luck!


D
Old 23rd June 2006 | Show parent
  #20
Gear Maniac
 
JohnNy C's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT MILK?
I'm guessing you have a rack of Behringer gear..you don't need the emulations.
Ouch PWNED!
Old 24th June 2006 | Show parent
  #21
Gear Head
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNy C
Ouch PWNED!
Old 24th June 2006 | Show parent
  #22
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT MILK?
I'm guessing you have a rack of Behringer gear..you don't need the emulations.

Damn you pwnd me. I own a headphone amp by them. Too bad I never put headphones on my head. Now stop being a little bitch.
Old 24th June 2006 | Show parent
  #23
Gear Head
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy79
Damn you pwnd me. I own a headphone amp by them. Too bad I never put headphones on my head. Now stop being a little bitch.
Look, jonBOY..I'm done with you.

You are a boy. Enjoy your Behringer gear. fuuck
Old 24th June 2006 | Show parent
  #24
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT MILK?
Look, jonBOY..I'm done with you.

You are a boy. Enjoy your Behringer gear. fuuck

Stop being a whiney princess. If you're done then stop responding. You're annoying and pointless.
Old 25th June 2006 | Show parent
  #25
Gear Nut
 
🎧 15 years
why the L3 sounds so bad? don't know if i get the wrong setting, the L3 just remove all the low ends
Old 7th May 2011 | Show parent
  #26
Gear Addict
 
marcreeves's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I know I'm bumping an old thread here, but jeez...I stumbled upon this whilst looking for some plug in suggestions, and instead find a thread ruined by pointless flaming by the likes of Jonboy79 - people like you ruin great forums like these! You're a complete t**t - having a go at someone for making a joke? What an a*****e
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 44823 views: 2739146
Avatar for foxwaves
foxwaves 5 days ago
replies: 5 views: 1142
Avatar for MGadAllah
MGadAllah 10th June 2015
replies: 638 views: 95988
Avatar for Deleted 2c0affd80e87ff6
Deleted 2c0affd80e87ff6 21st May 2021
replies: 209 views: 47514
Avatar for jakeg70888
jakeg70888 3rd February 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump