Quantcast
One small thing about Protools LE - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
One small thing about Protools LE
Old 10th June 2006
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
One small thing about Protools LE

Hi. I got a small question about protools LE that i couldn't figure it out.
First, let me list my setting. I am using Protools LE 6.9 on iMac G5 with Digi002Rack.

What I am asking is ....
First I plug my guitar to the input on 002R. then i created a audio track..and press the "R" button. it works very good. i can hear my guitar from the speakers. However., when i hit "play" .... then i can't hear my guitar. On mbox, i can hear it while it is playing.

Could anyone help me out????
Old 10th June 2006
Gear Guru

๐ŸŽง 15 years
if I understand your question you are losing the guitar monitor when the track is playing but not when it is stopped or when it is recording? If you hit option + k you can monitor the track whether you are playing the song or "standing still" a little green light wil appear on the transport window next to the red record button.

option+k again to turn it off. this is also in the operations menu under "change record enabled tracks to Input Only" (or Auto Input)

on the M-box, the hardware actually folds back your input to you so you can always hear your live track if you wish. On the 002 you must listen through the software. (You should choose low-latency mode when you are recording)

When the green light is off, the program is in Auto Input monitor. this is useful when you are punching in- you want to hear what is "on the tape" when you are playing right up to the moment when you start recording, at which time you want to switch to the "source" - your live guitar. You are losing your guitar when you hit play because there is nothing on the "tape" yet.

if there was, it would be easier to tell what is going on. Hope this helps
Old 10th June 2006 | Show parent
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I got it Now.....thank you so much
It really helps!!!
Old 10th June 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Crap. Somehow I never knew that one, even on a C24 if i hit record enable, I always have to click input monitor on all the channels or have someone else do it. I always wondered why there wasn't a shortcut.... apparently there is.
๐Ÿ“ Reply