Speaker/Amp for band practice? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Speaker/Amp for band practice?
Old 1st April 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Speaker/Amp for band practice?

Hiya Slutz!
Today my old, cruddy Peavey amp blew out while my band and I were practicing. This amp was small and underpowered (probably not much more than 15 watts), but nonetheless I waited for it to fail before I would search for a new one.

My question is, since I have very little knowledge in the world of speakers and amps; what would be a good, cheap amp/speaker for my guitar and mic for band practice? My old Peavey was special because it had a 1/4 and an XLR input, so I could plug in my mic and geetar at the same time. I also need enough watt capacity for band practice, but I'm not looking for a speaker to gig, so I think that 30 watts would be fine, right? (I have no clue). I have a budget of not much more than 100$; I hope that's at least somewhat realistic. I'm also absolutely willing to buy secondhand. I don't need any of that effects rubbish because I have my own pedals and hardware.

Thanks in advance!
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
What type of music are you playing? How loud are you playing? And are you talking guitar or bass amp?
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Just $100? 30 watt? Your budget is a little low....
Old 1st April 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Are you playing with drums as well?
Old 1st April 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
We're playing rock and metal, so it can get decently loud. And, haha, I was afraid of the budget being too low. I was thinking of shopping around on craigslist, but obviously that's not ideal to get exactly what I want/need. I'm talking guitar amp, but again, I'm thinking that multipurpose speakers/monitors will do, since I already have pedals, and I'm not going for a special sound - it's just band practice. As long as I can hear the guitars over the drums, I'm fine.

It looks as if I should be looking for a powered active speaker or monitor - can anyone tell me if this is right?
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…