Quantcast
Reference Monitors on a 002 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reference Monitors on a 002
Old 19th May 2006
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Reference Monitors on a 002

Anyone have the best route to run a second set of monitors on a 002..... i currently am running the bm5a''s and want to get a cheap pair of something else to reference back and forth with?......... prefferably even some regular home speakers. Do I need to get some sort of channel splitter?
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm not sure how you would connect a second pair of monitors directly to an 002, but you may be able to set it up by using a pair of the channel outputs to send a signal to a second set of speakers, but it would eat up two output channels and would probably be a hassle to set up. You may be better off getting a mixer and connecting everything to that. Anyhow, did a fair amount of price vs. sound comparison at Guitar Center a while back and found a great set of KRK V-4s that gave me great bank for my buck. For the price, they are very accurate and sound very full for a small footprint.
Old 20th May 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
I run a pair of powered computer speakers out of the headphone connector on my 002 It does the trick for me. -Marty
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I'll try the latter this might work..... for checking balance.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
You can use any of the outputs to drive another pair of powered monitors but you won't have a gain knob at your fingertips. You'll have to use a fader. The SPDIF out is a good "spare" output for this too.
Old 27th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
You could use the Alt. Main Unbalanced OUTS(RCA), any 1/4" output, Headphone Jack, etc.
Old 27th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Agree w/ joe p... the alt. output would be a good backup, especially if you send it directly to a home stereo... Then you have it right there with the push of a button.
-or-
use 2 more outputs... can you make a second master fader routed to two more outputs in LE? I've done it in HD but never even tried it on my 002... can't imagine that being a problem though.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…