Quantcast
DIGI 002 versus Delta 1010 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DIGI 002 versus Delta 1010
Old 17th May 2006
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 15 years
DIGI 002 versus Delta 1010

Hey Guys,

I'm currently using PT M-Powered/Music Production Toolkit with the 1010. Should I expect the converters of either unit to sound similar? I know it's not rocket science but I'm still curious.

Thanks!
Old 18th May 2006
  #2
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
002 converters significantly better, only gives you digital i/o and pres
depending on what else you may have/need you may be better off putting the money towards other things first
Old 18th May 2006 | Show parent
  #3
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 15 years
Hey Aussie, then would it matter with either if I'm running a RME ADI-2 interface? Unless I'm using more than the 2 inputs at a single time, it wouldn't really matter.

Thanks...
Old 18th May 2006 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
hgen's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I'm using M-Audio PT 7.1 with a Delta 2496 Card and I gotta say the converters are fantastic. When I open tracks done with a Digimax, which is better quality than a 002, and compare the digimax with the m-audio card the m-audio craps all over it! Night and day! The delta cards are excellent and way better than 002's.
Old 18th May 2006 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
superburtm's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgen
I'm using M-Audio PT 7.1 with a Delta 2496 Card and I gotta say the converters are fantastic. When I open tracks done with a Digimax, which is better quality than a 002, and compare the digimax with the m-audio card the m-audio craps all over it! Night and day! The delta cards are excellent and way better than 002's.

I think the digimax sounds like digi ass
Old 18th May 2006 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
hgen's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by superburtm
I think the digimax sounds like digi ass
True, but sounds better than a 002 pre!!
Old 19th May 2006 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgen
I'm using M-Audio PT 7.1 with a Delta 2496 Card and I gotta say the converters are fantastic. When I open tracks done with a Digimax, which is better quality than a 002, and compare the digimax with the m-audio card the m-audio craps all over it! Night and day! The delta cards are excellent and way better than 002's.
before shooting you mounth off about something you have no idea about go and put that 2496 next to a 002 and you will hear just how crap those M-Audio converters are.

back to the point if your running through RME converters anyway there is little point upgrading.
Old 19th May 2006 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
superburtm's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgen
True, but sounds better than a 002 pre!!

that is open to debate..one is bright and brittle and one is dark and cloudy.
Old 19th May 2006 | Show parent
  #9
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_techie
back to the point if your running through RME converters anyway there is little point upgrading.
Thanks Aussie... that's what I figure..

Cheers!
Old 19th May 2006 | Show parent
  #10
Lives for gear
 
hgen's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_techie
before shooting you mounth off about something you have no idea about go and put that 2496 next to a 002 and you will hear just how crap those M-Audio converters are.

back to the point if your running through RME converters anyway there is little point upgrading.
don't be a bitch aussie! So you like 002 coverters eh? Just read all the posts of the guys who can't stand them and need to look for converters so they don't waste their money? Anything is better than a 002 you moron why do you think ppl are dumping them for RME's all over this forum!
Old 19th May 2006 | Show parent
  #11
Lives for gear
 
superburtm's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
c'mon guys..they all suck heh
Old 19th May 2006 | Show parent
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Harley-OIART's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgen
don't be a bitch aussie! So you like 002 coverters eh? Just read all the posts of the guys who can't stand them and need to look for converters so they don't waste their money?
Again, do not speak of which you don't know.... The Converters found in the Digi002 are without a doubt superior to anything found in the M-Audio Line. We are not comparing preamps here... Just conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgen
Anything is better than a 002 you moron why do you think ppl are dumping them for RME's all over this forum!
RME Interfaces are fabulous, but so is the Digi002. Neither of which are high-end though. Digidesign 192 I/O , Apogee , Lavry , Mytek , Radar , Lucid , and a few others are real converters.
Old 19th May 2006 | Show parent
  #13
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
no one is saying the 002 converters are great but they are still better than M-Audio, prehaps you need to actualy read what is being said. i dont need to read other people opinions as i put my 002 next to my old M-Audio card, although if you actually bother to read read around everybody will say the same thing i have.
the origional questoin was only about M-Audio vs 002 converters nothing about RME nor about pre amps
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 88 views: 8205
Avatar for Duardo
Duardo 18th October 2008
replies: 454 views: 126480
Avatar for LiveMusicNY
LiveMusicNY 6th January 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump