Quantcast
Which control surface for PT LE to get?????? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which control surface for PT LE to get??????
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Which control surface for PT LE to get??????

I'm looking in to getting a control surface for my Pro Tools 6.9 LE system. I have the 002 rack and am sick of mixing with a mouse. I've looked at the MotorMix and the Command 8. I'm trying to stay in that price range. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
If you don't plan to move away from PT get a Command 8. I belive it has much more to offer. I have the same setup (002r + C8) and I am satisfied with it
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvintage
I'm looking in to getting a control surface for my Pro Tools 6.9 LE system. I have the 002 rack and am sick of mixing with a mouse. I've looked at the MotorMix and the Command 8. I'm trying to stay in that price range. Any help is much appreciated.
Best feature is if you ever do any live sound, you can use the command 8 as a standalone dig. mixer!

i personally am not a huge fan of the command 8, but for that price range, it's a very versatile piece!
Old 16th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Command 8. Or get a Control 24! It'll solve your mouse woes, and it'll get you chicks too!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
command 8 as a standalone mixer tutt its the Digi 002
mds
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Mackie Control Universal Control...Tascam has a couple of cool controllers. Check out Jl Cooper too...

Mike
Old 17th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I use to own the 002 control surface (essentially the 002 rack and Command 8) and absolutely loved it. My vote definitely goes to the Command 8. Fast, easy, flying faders, and it intergrates perfectly.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Stay Away from Motor Mix!!! Mine stopped being supported after some upgrade to protools!!!
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I've got a Tascam US-2400 (24 faders) that is great. You can find them very cheap now (maybe dicontinued?). Anyone know anything about the Behringer BCF2000? 8 fader motorized control surface - dirt cheap. It's only a control surface - it cant screw up your sound. Can they be chained together?

Dan Fox
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
get the command 8

it is great
Old 19th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
save your pennies and get a 01v96 or a DM1000, get a mixer plus an awesome control surface
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
Another vote for the Command 8, in PT it seems you would be most happiest...

War
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm using a Motormix. Goes great with ProTools LE. Just use it in Mackie HUI emulation mode and you will be good to go.
Old 25th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I found the Mackie Control useful. You're not going to be mouse-free with any of them, but it worked for me when I was doing more mixing at home.

[btw-- I've got one for sale cheap. Drop me a PM if you're interested.]
Old 25th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by six_wax
I found the Mackie Control useful. You're not going to be mouse-free with any of them, but it worked for me when I was doing more mixing at home.
Ehrm.... I fine MCU to be a bit flaky with PT.
HUI emulation does not support the master fader and the pickup is not always 100% (ie you move a fader and nothing happens on the screen)

I've moved from Logic to PT- the only problem I have with PT is the MCU HUI emulation. Compared to Logic MCU support, it is weak.

I mainly use the MCU's for transport and level/pan setting and solo mut function.
Anything else- the mouse is quicker- which is to say I am quicker with the mouse.

Considered D Command- the figured a nice analog board would be better.

JR
Old 26th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sorry to hijack this thread. Here's a question. Is the Control 24 just the same as a command 8 with 16 more channels? Thanks guys.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Nah, the Control 24 is an entirely different beast all together. It has much better metering, a talkback mic/functionality, A SAVE BUTTON heh , many more shortcut buttons, input/output metering switch, etc, etc, etc. The overall quality is a bit better as well. It also has much higher sex appeal.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
plus, i believe the cont. 24 has 16 pres? someone told me that once, so im not 100%. someone correct me if im wrong. anyway, get a command|8. im getting it after using it for a year in my school. i love it.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yes, the Control 24 has 16 pres.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think the C24 is the best designed piece of gear Digi has ever made. I REALLY cant stress how amazingly integrated this thing is. I wouldnt trade mine for 3 Pro Controls or any other control surface they make. Its damn cheap too for what it is.

The only real drawback is I wish they offered an upgraded version with decent pres. the ones in it are basicalyl the Focusrite Platinums and are really not good for much other than scratch tracks.
Old 27th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Clip Audio
I think the C24 is the best designed piece of gear Digi has ever made. I REALLY cant stress how amazingly integrated this thing is. I wouldnt trade mine for 3 Pro Controls or any other control surface they make. Its damn cheap too for what it is.

The only real drawback is I wish they offered an upgraded version with decent pres. the ones in it are basicalyl the Focusrite Platinums and are really not good for much other than scratch tracks.
As a huge Digi fan and I have pretty much used most pieces of gear Digi has made in the past 10 years... I would have to say that I agree with Full Clip. The C24 is by far one of my favorite Digi surfaces for pro or project studios alike. I know when I hopefully soon, open up a studio; the C24 will be sitting at the heart.
πŸ“ Reply