Quantcast
Focusrite TwinTrak Pro - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Focusrite TwinTrak Pro
Old 8th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Focusrite TwinTrak Pro

Anybody have any thoughts on this unit. Money is very, very tight and I'm looking fore a dual channel strip for home recording. Thanks in advance.
Old 9th May 2006
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Don't go there. Brittle hi end and the compressor is not much use for most things. Save save save!!!! get a rnp or a brick or something and just use software comps for now. I had one and sold it as soon as I heard the dif between it and a real pre.
Old 9th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJah
Don't go there. Brittle hi end and the compressor is not much use for most things. Save save save!!!! get a rnp or a brick or something and just use software comps for now. I had one and sold it as soon as I heard the dif between it and a real pre.

What did you end up with?
Old 10th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I had one. Depends what kind of expectations you have. You could do worse. The pre itself isn't all that bad. The compressor and especially EQ are pretty much useless. The latency free monitoring section is very useful and flexible if you do not have a console or mixer although it is not pristine audio quality. It's a decent prosumer product IMO. If you are more of a hobbyist and intend to stay that way, get one, don't worry about it, and start recording. If you want professional results, keep saving and set your sights higher.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I am recording on a yamaha aw4416. I have some cheaper pres and compressors (the daw has compression as well). I would like to get 2 channels of decent pres for not much money (oxymoron- I know).

This is a home recording situation but I do record others (and live drums) once in awhile. Any other recommondations would be appreciated (rock music but acoustic guitars get used often as well).
Please remember - money is tight and I really don't want to spend much over $500.
DAV looks ands sounds very nice but I can't find any prices on his website. The RNP looks interesting as well (and only $499).

Last edited by Tapeworm; 10th May 2006 at 03:15 PM..
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
I have one. I like it. While not the greatest compressor, to me it is useful because you can link or go seperate. I never use the filter. I do like the variable impedence though, if you've never played with this you can make mics sound pretty different.

I can't compare this to anything fancy, just the Mackie VLZ1402 pres I have. Compared to the mackie, this sounds a lot smoother with a better high end. Is it the best preamp? Hell no, but then again, you're getting more than a pre-amp, and that is what I liked about this....also being someone on a budget.
Old 11th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I ended up with a buzz audio ssa 1.1 dual preamp.More than twice the price, less than half the features, and I've yet to find a reason to be unhappy with it. Both the tops and the bottoms are more extended than the tt pro and it sounds much smoother in all other areas. Recommend
Old 11th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
The twintrack is really a waste of money. I had one for aobut 6 mnths and got fed up.
using a brick, and the onyx pres now. 200% better at least.
πŸ“ Reply