Eleven Rack - Suggested Settings - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Eleven Rack - Suggested Settings
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Eleven Rack - Suggested Settings

Hey guys!

I just recently purchased an Eleven Rack, and I really enjoy the unit. Now comes the part where I need to tweak the settings to get things sounding great. I can punch through the presets and while several are good I'm never hitting the sound I want.

I'm looking for a very clean distortion sound, one that's rich and full of tone. Many of the presets like Tite Crunch, or 10 Cent Stack, are getting closer to that, but are too full of fuzz and feel like they contain much too much white noise for my ears. I'm looking for crunch tones that have plenty of tones in the vein of Dashboard Confessional, Cartel, etc.

Does anyone with the rack unit have any suggestions on what to use? I have a Taylor Solidbody electric guitar, if that matters at all. Any suggestions on presets to start with or modify, or building from the ground up with a certain amp/cabinet would help.

Thanks!
Old 24th November 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I hope that fuzz and white noise is not digital. I will know in about one week when I finally get to demo it for myself.
Old 25th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I've noticed that I have to back my volume pots down on the my guitars more with ER to get a smoother fuzzy crunch sound. I also like the grey compressor for fattening things up. It seems a little noisy to me, but if you're doing higher gain stuff it's not an issue. I'm using Lindy Fralin pickups mostly, and their humbuckers are pretty hot. My strat with the Franlin 54's works well with ER and doesn't require backing off as much. Also it seems most of the presets default to the auto setting on the true-z input. Playing with the different input options can give you some variance as well
L.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenzo ➡️
I've noticed that I have to back my volume pots down on the my guitars more with ER to get a smoother fuzzy crunch sound. I also like the grey compressor for fattening things up. It seems a little noisy to me, but if you're doing higher gain stuff it's not an issue. I'm using Lindy Fralin pickups mostly, and their humbuckers are pretty hot. My strat with the Franlin 54's works well with ER and doesn't require backing off as much. Also it seems most of the presets default to the auto setting on the true-z input. Playing with the different input options can give you some variance as well
L.

Funny...those are great pickups. I actually used those a few years back as an experiment. Let's see what happens when I plug in to the ER. Hope I like it. I'm praying I can see the day when amp sims and fx nail the real world.
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Yeah, the first guitar I put a set in was a cheap Mexican strat. It was quite a difference from the stock fender pickups which sounded awful. After putting on a new neck and modding the electronics a bit, a cheap strat became a really nice player.
L.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…