The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Moving from Le to M-powered (save my plugins!!!)
Old 20th November 2009
  #1
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Moving from Le to M-powered (save my plugins!!!)

So,

I made the move from Le to m powered so i could use a profire 2626 for more i/o. On Le at the moment im running alot of waves stuff as well as superior drummer, metal foundry and peavey revalver. I use a mac g5

i have a few questions that desperately need answers before tomorrow.

1. Will switching over mean i will have to reinstall all those plugins?
2. Will superior drummer and revalver not be there when i open M powered?
3. Whats the most convienent method to switch my sessions over and my plugins without downloading again.
4. will the ilok i got with Le still work on my m powered daw?

5. CAn i keep LE and have both? is this gonna **** my mac up?
6. Whats the best way to uninstall LE

*i havent put my profire on my mac yet, im assuming u do that first before installing m-powered.

Im a noob and any help would be fantastic.

che
Old 20th November 2009
  #2
RTR
Lives for gear
 
RTR's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder ➡️
So,

I made the move from Le to m powered so i could use a profire 2626 for more i/o. On Le at the moment im running alot of waves stuff as well as superior drummer, metal foundry and peavey revalver. I use a mac g5

i have a few questions that desperately need answers before tomorrow.

1. Will switching over mean i will have to reinstall all those plugins?
2. Will superior drummer and revalver not be there when i open M powered?
3. Whats the most convienent method to switch my sessions over and my plugins without downloading again.
4. will the ilok i got with Le still work on my m powered daw?

5. CAn i keep LE and have both? is this gonna **** my mac up?
6. Whats the best way to uninstall LE

*i havent put my profire on my mac yet, im assuming u do that first before installing m-powered.

Im a noob and any help would be fantastic.

che
I have the 610 and all my LE sessions opend with no problem.
I do not hink you can have installs on one computer.
When you UN-install, only select the driver and other stuff..LEAVE the plugins folder alone, it should KEEP your plugins.
How the hell are you using an Ilok with LE? me LE used the hardware as the ilok...
Old 20th November 2009 | Show parent
  #3
Deleted User
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR ➡️
I have the 610 and all my LE sessions opend with no problem.
I do not hink you can have installs on one computer.
When you UN-install, only select the driver and other stuff..LEAVE the plugins folder alone, it should KEEP your plugins.
How the hell are you using an Ilok with LE? me LE used the hardware as the ilok...
He apparently uses the i-Lok for his OTHER plugins such as WAVES etc. At least thats what I did here with the DIGI002Rack. WAVES GOLD on the i-LOK.
Old 20th November 2009 | Show parent
  #4
b0b
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Good thread. I'm looking to go over to M-Powered as well so I can use my ProFire 610.

disorder probably need the iLok for the Waves plugins possibly other plugins too. Also if you have expansions for ProTools LE like Music Production Toolkit you need an iLok.

[EDIT] too slow... shanabit beat me to it... [/EDIT]
Old 20th November 2009 | Show parent
  #5
Deleted User
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b ➡️
Good thread. I'm looking to go over to M-Powered as well so I can use my ProFire 610.

disorder probably need the iLok for the Waves plugins possibly other plugins too. Also if you have expansions for ProTools LE like Music Production Toolkit you need an iLok.

[EDIT] too slow... shanabit beat me to it... [/EDIT]

Your stereo gun is too slow on the draw LOL
Old 20th November 2009 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Eric Pederson's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I am pretty sure you can have both LE and M-Powered installed on the same computer. When I bought the Music Production Toolkit (1) I got a copy of Pro Tools LE and M-Powered. So unless digidesign thinks we all have two computers that would make sense.

Not sure about your other questions, sorry.
Old 20th November 2009 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Pederson ➡️
I am pretty sure you can have both LE and M-Powered installed on the same computer. When I bought the Music Production Toolkit (1) I got a copy of Pro Tools LE and M-Powered. So unless digidesign thinks we all have two computers that would make sense.

Not sure about your other questions, sorry.
I'm pretty sure that you CAN'T have more than one protools install on teh same computer.

based on experience when I have switched back and forth between le and m, finally back to M like I was in the old days. it's the same frickin application with compatibility with far more cards... I don't see the point in LE any longer. Although I suppose the fact that you can buy any protools device and download the very latest LE for free without issues is kind of nice... LE can be cheaper than m-powered in that way.

anyway, when I try to install le on an m-powered box, it says uninstall first. when I try to install m-powered on an le box, it says uninstall first.

so for me that says no, you can't have both on the same system.

however it's been a few months since I made the move back to m-powered, maybe PT 8 is different (I'm using 7).

cheers,
Don
Old 20th December 2009 | Show parent
  #8
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
You can install both LE and M powered on the same computer, utilizing the same plugin folder and all, voiding the need to delete or reinstall plugins. I have this running on my machine and go back and forth constantly. These are instructions for Mac only, and works for PT8 for sure but i don't see why it wouldn't work for 7 also.
First, if you have either LE or M powered installed, go to the applications, digidesign folder and locate the application file and move it to the desktop or somewhere else. If you dont have anything installed yet, pick one, install it and do this step first. Then once the file is on the desktop, install the other version whether it be LE or M powered following the instructions that came with it, i know m-powered has weird instructions about when to plug in the interface etc.
Then once that is done, simply move the file on the desktop back into the folder and you're done. Now you have to find a PT session file and choose which application you want it to open in. I regularly change all depending on what I am using at that particular time.
The reason for the copying of the applicaton file is that when you install le or m powered it will overwrite any previous install. This bypasses that and leaves all your plugins intact, and le and m powered will now share plugin folders so whatever plugins you install in one, will be available in the other. Hope it all works for you the way it did for me.
Dave
Old 28th December 2010 | Show parent
  #9
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b ➡️
Good thread. I'm looking to go over to M-Powered as well so I can use my ProFire 610.

disorder probably need the iLok for the Waves plugins possibly other plugins too. Also if you have expansions for ProTools LE like Music Production Toolkit you need an iLok.

[EDIT] too slow... shanabit beat me to it... [/EDIT]
you should be able to transfer all of your licenses to just one iLok in your iLok account. I think when you log in its like right there on your home page
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 295 views: 70917
Avatar for anguswoodhead
anguswoodhead 26th March 2013
replies: 1296 views: 176017
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
replies: 1124 views: 140176
Avatar for jessdavy
jessdavy 7th February 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump