Recording Acou/El Guitar and Bass?? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Recording Acou/El Guitar and Bass??
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Recording Acou/El Guitar and Bass??

Hi,

At the moment I am using a Focusrite ISA One (+digi card) as my main preamp and really like it.

I am using this as my vocal preamp.

I am also going to be getting a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP as my interface.

I would like to be able to record Guitar (acoustic or electric) and bass (electric and upright) + vocals at the same time.

The ISA One is a two channel pre / di so I could use this for vocals and possibly bass. I've been thinking about getting another really clean preamp for guitars such as a Grace M101 / True Systems P-Solo or Audient Mico.

Would this be a good option for recording guitar ( and anything else that needs a clean preamp ) or is there a better option around for recording guitar.

I'm looking to spend around £350 max ($499 ish).
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone!?
Old 19th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'd say the Grace would be excellent for clean to blues electric and acoustic. Another vocal flavor as well. If you want to record more 70's rock sound I'd look into the GAP-73. I've got the original Grace 101 and the GAP and they are both great but quite different.
Old 19th November 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
You really can't go wrong with the Grace. If you start with a clean natural recording you can do anything you want to it after the fact, including running the recorded signal through the line-in of highly coloured pres (akin to "re-amping" a D.I.'d electric guitar track), or processing with any number of excellent plug-ins that you can buy these days. At the end of the day, the Grace is a solid piece of professional kit that you can resell later for top dollar -- but I highly doubt you'll want to.
📝 Reply