Quantcast
Where can I donate used studio gear? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Where can I donate used studio gear?
Old 13th November 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Where can I donate used studio gear?

Tax time is coming up and I wanted to donate my Allen & Heath GL2200 32 channel PA/front of house mixer before year-end. Its eight years old and has been well taken care of in my studio (replaced this summer by a Toft ATB).

Any suggestions? I would think this thing would find a great home in a church. I live in NYC.
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for snowflakes

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova ➑️
Tax time is coming up and I wanted to donate my Allen & Heath GL2200 32 channel PA/front of house mixer before year-end. Its eight years old and has been well taken care of in my studio (replaced this summer by a Toft ATB).

Any suggestions? I would think this thing would find a great home in a church. I live in NYC.
THIS IS THE BEST PLACE I KNOW OF.

However, I believe what you're REALLY wanting is to do is to get a tax break.

You won't get a tax break by using the above link (unless you get REALLY lucky, and find a GovCo approved "charity" on that thread).

But hell; give it a go!

The question is: Do you want to "give it away"? ...Or do you want to trade it for a tax break?

Where can I donate used studio gear?-icon_stupid.gif

I don't think you really want to be gifting.

I think what you REALLY want to do is to cut your losses, and trade this thing for some sort of gain.

Make up your mind; either sell it, or give it away!
Old 13th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I am accepting charitable donations!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Me too. I'll give you a written receipt and everything. I know a live music venue here in Spokane that definitely needs a good FOH mixer. They've got a b-word right now... Its called the Cretin Hop. Totally DIY music venue. Good safe place for the kiddies that want to go see shows. I'm not affiliated, just a fan.
Lives for gear

all i can think of is like a church or something

i think they give tax breaks
Old 14th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

More free stuff....let's do it again!

Oops, too late. That's what you get for changing the thread title in the hyperlink!

Anyway, try looking around your area. I know there are two or three places in Virginia that are after-school-programs for kids that incorporate music and recording.
Old 14th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
There are schools uptown where underprivileged kids get together and put on shows, and they're always these all-volunteer operations, parents everywhere sort of thing. But they're always looking for gear to make it work. Put that in your pipe with all the other suggestions. I can probably point you to some organizations if I call a couple of people.

Cheers.

Old 20th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Oh come on guys, we can do better than just trading to other Gearslutz people.

Non-profit studios for kids: Music Resource Center in Charlottesville VA, where I used to work until last year. New Cincinnati branch and a similar program in nearby Roanoke. Roberta Flack has a thing in Harlem that I don't know much about, seems somewhat less focused on recording, and the Women's Audio Mission in California is a little different, more about breaking up the boys' club, but still.

Who ordered the karma?
πŸ“ Reply