Quantcast
What Behringer gear does not suck ?! - Page 5 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What Behringer gear does not suck ?!
Old 13th September 2006 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Can the ADA8000 be clocked the the Lynx Aurora 8? I am getting an Aurora 8 and was considering using an ADA8000 with it later for mic'ing drums. Guess I'd need to buy the ADAT module for the Aurora. Just wondering about the clocking.

James
Old 14th September 2006 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Edison, denoiser and the powerplay sre great, the reat is [email protected]*$!
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Behringer MX9000

The only experience I have with behringer gear is the MX9000... I've had this unit for over 2 years in my home studio and have had no issues. I had heard lot's of negative stuff about behringer, but for the price, I don't there is better mixer in it's price range that sounds as good or has the same features....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
whate behringer gear does not suck?

maybe if they made a vaccum...

yeah, i'm not funny.
Old 15th September 2006 | Show parent
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I have a couple DCX2496 (driverack copies) for my 4-way PA and they sound fantastic. They sound way better and are cheaper than the DriveRack PA and have more features, plus the A/D and D/A is 24/96. They really are awesome sounding pieces with top shelf Op-amps. I've had them for over a year and use them every day. Sure, the cosmetics and build is typical Bherry, but they have held up so far, and are loaded deep with features. If you can't tell, I love them!

I also recently got an SRC2496, and I am really impressed with it as well. Haven't used the A/D yet, but the D/A SQ ranks EVEN with a friends Benchmark DAC1, and it has WAY more features than the Benchmark...All for $130 shipped. Rediculous!

So not ALL Bherry gear sucks...just 99% of it.
Old 16th September 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Their headphone amps -- my fav~ the DEQ 2496 stike
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I'm just waiting for Behringer's version of the " 500" series mic pre..!...heh ,,( I guess I better not laugh to quick huh.?... )
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatchman ➑️
I'm just waiting for Behringer's version of the " 500" series mic pre..!...heh ,,( I guess I better not laugh to quick huh.?... )
Yeah Onyx derivatives would be interesting too. LOL
They "borrow" everything else from down the street, whats the hold up anyway?
Old 18th September 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
[QUOTE: Yeah Onyx derivatives would be interesting too./QUOTE]

Umm, I think they did this with their Xenyx series...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamm7215 ➑️

I bought a Xenyx 1202 for a live gig where we had to submix different things before hitting the house PA. Just for fun and out of curiousity, I just got around to trying the mic pre with a Rode NT1A, and....(get your tomatoes ready), it actually sounds really good. It's not up there with my Germanium but compared with the Digi002R pres, I couldn't tell you the Xenyx sounds any worse, in fact I find it sounds much better then the 002 pres, extremely usable. So for all the Behringer bashing that goes on, there is a place for them in the industry. If you can afford the good stuff, then do so, but for anyone on a budget who wants to genuinely learn about recording, then I think I would give the big B a break and let them be. So they copy other designs, often blatantly, but who cares anymore. Just make music.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Yeah, I know what u mean. I've got an older UB1202 mixer just to patch into my DAW and the pre's on that are quiet and clean enough. I don't sum enough through it to be noisy, but's it's "not bad" if not turned up too high. For my Vox and Bass, I bypass it and go through my MPA Gold/Pro VLA (modded tubes) combo for the good stuff (think budget studio).
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster ➑️
The Behringer CT100 Cable Tester. It is the only piece of behringer gear that I have owned that actually works well, and hasn't broken.
Man, I must be lucky. My Behringer nearfield monitors work fine. My Behringer condenser mics work fine. I've used my little UB802 mixer for a few years with no problems. I haven't changed the battery in my 2-channel DI in 3 years and it too works just fine. The little pre-amp works fine too, as do the headphones and stomp boxes.

Not that I plan on buying more Behringer gear, but the stuff I do have works.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanvacha ➑️

yeah, i'm not funny.
LOL - ya, that was funny!

I have a couple of Behringer pieces. I can't say that I've had any problems but I can certainly tell that they are built cheaply. However for the price I'm not complaining as I would have to do without otherwise.

The Virtulizer Pro and Headphone amp seemed to work quite well IMO.
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamm7215 ➑️

Wow, they even (almost) stole the name, just to let everybody know what it copies.

Well, it seems evident to everybody here that the build quality is second rate, but honestly, how much of the neg. opinion is based on relative SQ/cost ratio? It seems to me that a lot of the thumbs down (everywhere, not just here) come from inflated egos. I suffer from it myself, so I'm not pointing fiingers.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Well..I 've used Behringer stuff for years now, and..... ..I've been fortunately it 's lasted.! But now that I've "come of age", anyone that need "start up gear" ( Behringer).Give me a PM..!..
Old 24th September 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanvacha ➑️
I wish they would!! Give some of the other Brands--a run for their $....Behringer could do itheh

yeah, i'm not funny.

I wish they would!! Give some of the other Brands--a run for their $....Behringer could do itheh
Old 26th September 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years

For the moneystike --none of it
Old 27th September 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Red face Confession...

I bought a lot of Behringer stuff back in the .... ehh 80:s?

Still got most of them, but I dont use them in the signal path anymore.

Except for my Eurodesk mixer (bought it in the early/mid 90:s), that handles monitoring, until now anyway, substituted with Apogee.

The coolest one is an Exiter called Studio Exiter model F. It was made prior
to that Behringer started to make low cost gear. Might have been one of their first products? Dont know if it especially good, but it is kind of cult. thumbsup

The only ones I might use in the future are 3 * Edison, for a special mixing
scenario. They are cool because they are not available anymore.

The rest of the stuff fills out one of my 3 rack cabinetts (got over 80 spaces to fill up). Denoiser, Bassfex, Ultrafex & composer and there are some other ultra cheap 'junk' that I have put in the attic.
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjogo ➑️

For the moneystike --none of it
And that is an informed descision because you have listened to all of it, right?
You would not make such a blanket statement without real data, right?

If anyone in the L.A. area would like to hear a fabulous sounding 4-way, quad-amped system built around Bherry DCX2496 crossovers, PM me. Though if not a fan of vintage Alnico JBL compression drivers, you might not like it after all.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
The cable tester heh
Lives for gear

I have the Behringer Truths for 5 years now and a Powerplay something for 3 years.
The monitors work almost everyday all these years and I don't think they're built cheap.
The powerplay is used a lot too, never had a problem, but it is noisy and built very cheap.
Old 30th September 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Have owned compressors, mixers, a headphone amp, and eq's by them at one time or another and the only thing that I've felt compelled to keep is the headphone amp.
Old 30th September 2006 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
i've owned the composer, the virtualizer, a small mixer (can't remember the model), and the multicom. they all worked for about two years. not one of these mentioned work at all at this point.
Old 1st October 2006 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Which Behringer gear doesn't suck?

The one that's not plugged in..........

Sorry, couldn't resist......
Old 20th October 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct studio ➑️
The only experience I have with behringer gear is the MX9000... I've had this unit for over 2 years in my home studio and have had no issues. I had heard lot's of negative stuff about behringer, but for the price, I don't there is better mixer in it's price range that sounds as good or has the same features....
Regarding the MX9000, I understand it probably isn't the best sounding desk out there, but I looked at this review

http://www.tweakheadz.com/review_of_...ger_mx9000.htm

and Rich the Tweak gives it top marks. Just curious to see what you pro-level engineers think - because while I'm aware of Behringer's not always clear "emulative practices" and how it's generally regarded, Tweak seems to have been at it for a long time, and have lots of experience.
Old 20th October 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Exclamation

OMG the b word.... its not as bad as the p word.... but its still the b word...
Behringer is the lowest of low..lower than radioshack lower then Big gay bobs music store lower than then the local flea market.. SHIET not even the dam flea market carries behringer

BEHRINGER SUCKS!!!!!!!

but i heard theyre amp are alright
Old 21st October 2006 | Show parent
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUPHONEVENIX ➑️
OMG the b word.... its not as bad as the p word.... but its still the b word...
Behringer is the lowest of low..lower than radioshack lower then Big gay bobs music store lower than then the local flea market.. SHIET not even the dam flea market carries behringer

BEHRINGER SUCKS!!!!!!!

but i heard theyre amp are alright
So what do you really think? lol

The EP1500 & EP2500 amps are actually rebadged QSC RMX1450 & RMX2450.
Old 21st October 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
lol
Behringer can suck a module

dam i didn't know that... what things they steal?
Old 22nd October 2006
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster ➑️
A lot of manufacturers produce even more nice sounding, good looking and reasonable priced gear with a right to live. Maybe they have one unit that does not live up to the expectations, but in general these manufacturers do a good job.

Now, complete different story with Behringer. They offer a lot of bad sounding, cheap looking and not reasonable priced gear (noone pays for dog****, right ?!). But does Behringer also offer one or even two units that do not live up to the expectation since they actually do sound good ? Hmmm, nothing comes to my mind...

Can you guys think of anything ?

Bill
i've used a Behringer headphone amp that worked well.....
Old 22nd October 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampsarus ➑️
The EP1500 & EP2500 amps are actually rebadged QSC RMX1450 & RMX2450.
dont you mean stolen QSCs design just like they steal everyone elses design
πŸ“ Reply