The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What Behringer gear does not suck ?!
Old 15th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicod98 ➡️
I think the B1 and B2/B2-Pro are very acceptable at their price point
There was some discussion on the B2 Pro earlier. Pretty mixed reviews, I don't know that I'll ever buy, but it is something I'm curious about.

Quote:
I have only tried the XM8500 dynamic as a quick - doesn't matter if it breaks kind of microphone - fix, but while not a perfect microphone, for speech it was very acceptable.
Same for this one. Mostly I hear while not the best mic ever, it punches way above its weight class, which is almost unheard of for such a cheap mic.

Quote:
I do agree with the C1 and C3 being a complete waste of money and resources.
Can't speak to these, but in that Sweetwater shootout they did where the C1 (I think) was the only low-end mic and a ton of other very popular and very pricey mics, IMO it held its own, FWIW...
Old 15th June 2021
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
In the Recording Engineer’s Handbook by Bob Owsinsky it specifically mentioned the Behringer B-1 in the section in cheap mics.

I’m sure Bob’s room is a bit better than mine, though.

I had a B-2 Pro and liked it alright at the time, but I came into nicer and let it go.
Old 24th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I got the Behringer PRO-1 synth for that 80's post punk sound and it absolutely nails it. I'm mainly a guitar player and this is my first analog synth but after messing with things for just a little while in one night, I was already making and recording music. I ran it through my old DOD stereo chorus guitar pedal and it was glorious.

I also recently picked up the Behringer UV300 Vibrato and the SF300 Super Fuzz which both sound fantastic at any price and I got each for $19 at Sweetwater - it took forever to get them because they were on backorder but I wasn't in any real rush anyway, I was more curious than anything else. The Fuzz pedal is a ton of fun. It has two, distinct, cool fuzz tones (and a blend version when you set the switch carefully between the two) as well as an excellent boost setting which is perfect for driving a tube amp into overdrive.
📝 Reply