Quantcast
Using multiple BCF-2000's - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Using multiple BCF-2000's
Old 5th March 2009
  #1
Deleted 55b0690
Guest
Using multiple BCF-2000's

Is anyone using multiple BCF's?

I have one and I was thinking about getting a second one or maybe even a third

Any experiences you could share would be great!
Old 6th March 2009
  #2
Lives for gear
 
7161's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
yes, they work. 2 or more units work best with logic cos logic can recognise the bcf's bank change commands; cubase last time i checked cant, but still can be used with 2 bfc's, just not quite as easily as with logic
Old 6th March 2009 | Show parent
  #3
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
+1..Im thinking about getting a second also...I use mine with PT.
Old 7th March 2009 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
rty5150's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
anyone using 2 or more with sonar? i have tried the online tutorials from the cakewalk forum, but mine bug out. even with separate id's, they both end up dup'ing each other or crashing sonar. i have 2 and would love to get both up together. if i could make that happen, i would get a third. right now i am using one bcf with a faderport for the busses. works well, sometimes you have to reassign the midi ports when it opens, but not a biggee.

rich
Old 7th March 2009 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
bitman's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I use 3 with Sonar in Mackie Emu mode. All connected to the pc via their own usb cables. It has worked very nicely for years though all the Sonar versions.

24 tracks wide.

Old 11th March 2009 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
rty5150's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman ➑️
I use 3 with Sonar in Mackie Emu mode. All connected to the pc via their own usb cables. It has worked very nicely for years though all the Sonar versions.

24 tracks wide.

mind giving a personal tutorial? or even a phone number to get a hold of you through? i would love to get 2 more going.

rich
Old 11th March 2009 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
bitman's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Here ya go.

Connecting Two BCF2000 together tutorial
Old 11th March 2009 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
7161's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
i dont use sonar, but that link doesnt sound right. what if you want to go past track 16? you shouldn't have to manualy assign any of the bcf's to channels, it does it automaticaly (well it does in logic and cubase anyways)
Old 11th March 2009 | Show parent
  #9
Deleted 55b0690
Guest
Thanks for all the replies.

I feel confident that this will work.

Now I just have to get the second BCF and build a nice wooden frame for them
Old 10th August 2009 | Show parent
  #10
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
I'm using a BCF-2000 with Pro Tools 8 M-Powered on WinXP SP3. No issues at all (haved used this unit for years with Sonar, Tracktion and Reason).

Can I use a 2ND BCF-2000 via USB with Pro Tools and have it automatically assigned to the 2nd set of 8 channels? I don't see any way in Pro Tools to make this work, but sure hoping there is!

thanks!
Old 9th February 2010 | Show parent
  #11
Here for the gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybernation ➑️
I'm using a BCF-2000 with Pro Tools 8 M-Powered on WinXP SP3. No issues at all (haved used this unit for years with Sonar, Tracktion and Reason).

Can I use a 2ND BCF-2000 via USB with Pro Tools and have it automatically assigned to the 2nd set of 8 channels? I don't see any way in Pro Tools to make this work, but sure hoping there is!

thanks!
Bump.. Also wondering this.
Old 9th February 2010 | Show parent
  #12
Gear Maniac
 
mark.james's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
As far as I know, you can have more than one controller in PT. When I was using my 24 channel Tascam, each 8 channel bank was setup as a seperate MIDI device. I'm assuming this means you could even mix and match any 8 channel control surfaces (as long as they had HUI emulation)

Mark
Old 25th July 2010 | Show parent
  #13
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Have a few bcf2000 units working together fine in logic pro. Using it in logic mode.. have it controlling my mixer.

Just wondering is there any way i can toggle between controlling my mixer and controlling plugins and easily toggle back.... Not sure if it can be done...
Old 25th July 2010 | Show parent
  #14
Lives for gear
 
5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rty5150 ➑️
anyone using 2 or more with sonar? i have tried the online tutorials from the cakewalk forum, but mine bug out. even with separate id's, they both end up dup'ing each other or crashing sonar. i have 2 and would love to get both up together. if i could make that happen, i would get a third. right now i am using one bcf with a faderport for the busses. works well, sometimes you have to reassign the midi ports when it opens, but not a biggee.

rich
I am using two with Sonar (8.5.3 x64), no problems whatsoever. First of all, remember that the BCF's only work in Sonar as Mackie emulators, so you'll have to put them into Mackie mode first (read the instructions.) Disregard the Behringer instructions about using MIDI cables to connect the two units to each other, leave them both in USB mode (I believe it's the default) and connect them directly to your computer (using a USB hub is fine.) Then you'll have to set the ID of the second BCF to something other than 1. That alone, however, isn't sufficient, because you'll have to tell Sonar that the second BCF is assigned to channels 9-16, or else it will just mimic the other unit. In order to do that, first you'll have to install BCFview. You can download it from the Behringer web page (the good news is that Behringer recently updated it and now it works fine in Win7, even x64.)

Once you've done that, open Sonar and make sure both BCF's are seen as separate MIDI devices (if you set the ID's correctly, there shouldn't be any problem.) Next, you'll have to go into OPTIONS>CONTROLLERS/SURFACES, click on ADD NEW CONTROLLER SURFACE (yellow spark button, right above the red X which deletes installed controllers.) Select MACKIE CONTROL and assign the first BCF to the input and output ports. Repeat for the second BCF (do not select MACKIE XT, just another MACKIE CONTROL.)

Now you'll have to start BCFview. Make sure that you can see the blue strip (there's an option to keep it always on top. Select it.) In Sonar, select TOOLS>MACKIE CONTROL-2. Click on CONFIGURE LAYOUT and turn the first knob to the left on the second BCF until the BCFview strip reads 9-16. Save the configuration. You're done.

Hope it helps. It's a lot simpler than it seems.

BTW, I have 2x BCF's, one Alphatrack, one Tranzport, one Nocturn and one Kore 2 controller all connected and working in Sonar. No conflicts, no troubles, no crashes.
Old 1st October 2010 | Show parent
  #15
Lives for gear
 
tazman's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Can you use multiple BCF2000 with Cubase/Nuendo as well?

Thanks
Old 18th February 2021 | Show parent
  #16
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPi61 ➑️
I am using two with Sonar (8.5.3 x64), no problems whatsoever. First of all, remember that the BCF's only work in Sonar as Mackie emulators, so you'll have to put them into Mackie mode first (read the instructions.) Disregard the Behringer instructions about using MIDI cables to connect the two units to each other, leave them both in USB mode (I believe it's the default) and connect them directly to your computer (using a USB hub is fine.) Then you'll have to set the ID of the second BCF to something other than 1. That alone, however, isn't sufficient, because you'll have to tell Sonar that the second BCF is assigned to channels 9-16, or else it will just mimic the other unit. In order to do that, first you'll have to install BCFview. You can download it from the Behringer web page (the good news is that Behringer recently updated it and now it works fine in Win7, even x64.)

Once you've done that, open Sonar and make sure both BCF's are seen as separate MIDI devices (if you set the ID's correctly, there shouldn't be any problem.) Next, you'll have to go into OPTIONS>CONTROLLERS/SURFACES, click on ADD NEW CONTROLLER SURFACE (yellow spark button, right above the red X which deletes installed controllers.) Select MACKIE CONTROL and assign the first BCF to the input and output ports. Repeat for the second BCF (do not select MACKIE XT, just another MACKIE CONTROL.)

Now you'll have to start BCFview. Make sure that you can see the blue strip (there's an option to keep it always on top. Select it.) In Sonar, select TOOLS>MACKIE CONTROL-2. Click on CONFIGURE LAYOUT and turn the first knob to the left on the second BCF until the BCFview strip reads 9-16. Save the configuration. You're done.

Hope it helps. It's a lot simpler than it seems.

BTW, I have 2x BCF's, one Alphatrack, one Tranzport, one Nocturn and one Kore 2 controller all connected and working in Sonar. No conflicts, no troubles, no crashes.
Could you instead, use 2 mcu units as 'one' mirrored MCU unit on Cubase?

I am using Maschine mk1 + BCF 2000 but rather, I want them to mirror each other! so I can just use maschine as LCD reader and BCF 2000 as MCU controller?
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 1229 views: 335726
Avatar for Woodwindy
Woodwindy 15 hours ago
replies: 55 views: 30534
Avatar for IM WHO YOU THINK
IM WHO YOU THINK 13th October 2020
replies: 9 views: 35367
Avatar for pedalboy
pedalboy 30th June 2009
replies: 1296 views: 178356
Avatar for heraldo_jones
heraldo_jones 1st February 2016
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump