Quantcast
drywall box, or a concrete box? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
drywall box, or a concrete box?
Old 10th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
drywall box, or a concrete box?

So, I have the choice between two places to start setting up my studio. One is basically a drywall box in the back of an office building. I can't do make any perminate changes to it, so i'm stuck with that awful drywall sound. I might be able to do some changes to it, but not much. On the other hand, i have a large concrete space. It has high ceilings (not sure what they are made of) and its basically a large garage, i can mod it however i see fit, but it might be difficult because of the high ceilings. There is also the lack of a seperate room for monitoring, but it is big enough that people can be many-a-feet away well recording.

So where is a better place to set up a small studio?
Old 10th February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I don't like the idea of either surface as-is but could you put some wood up in the concrete space? Make your own nice wood room, that would be great. Not cheap though! Might be able to also make it into a space with varied surfaces, if you have enough space.
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years

A place where you can put up room treatment is better.

-tINY

Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
The knowledgeable guys will likely state that the larger room choice is usually better. But in either case, you need to treat the room and can do so with things that don't damage the room.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…