Quantcast
live sound - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
live sound
Old 10th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
live sound

hi friends im from argentina a lost country in south america. i want to start to use midi controllers with pro tools, reason and other softwares to do live gigs. i recently buy an mbox mini 2, and i have a good laptop. wich kind of gear do you recommend me for start. i dont know which midi controller is good, also i have no idea if i need mixers and other things. i was told to buy a midi controller, but there is a problem my mbox mini 2 doesnt have a midi in, so, what can i do?
thanks!!
Old 13th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayas ➡️
hi friends im from argentina a lost country in south america. i want to start to use midi controllers with pro tools, reason and other softwares to do live gigs. i recently buy an mbox mini 2, and i have a good laptop. wich kind of gear do you recommend me for start. i dont know which midi controller is good, also i have no idea if i need mixers and other things. i was told to buy a midi controller, but there is a problem my mbox mini 2 doesnt have a midi in, so, what can i do?
thanks!!
Most midi controllers now days have a usb port on them so you can hook it up to your laptop with out having to buy a midi interface. I would say you got some good gear already but if you want to expand your gear list go for it. I use an Edirol Midi controller that has 50 keys on it. You can use reason in protools using rewire. I would run the stereo outs of your mbox mini out to what ever you plug in to when you are at a live show whether that be an amp or direct in.

Skys the limit her bud
Old 17th March 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
thanks man!
📝 Reply