Quantcast
Infinity Sub - Chris Lord-Alge - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Infinity Sub - Chris Lord-Alge
Old 9th February 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Infinity Sub - Chris Lord-Alge

I know this is probably a really noobish question, but how would I hook a powered sub up to my setup.

I using a Apple Mac G5 (Logic Pro 7) going Firewire 600 to my Motu 828 MKII. I go out of my Main Outs from the Motu into a pair of Event TR8 speakers.

I'm wanting to add an Infinity PS212 Powered Sub to this configuration. I read somewhere that this is the sub that Chris Lord-Alge uses. How would I add a sub? Where would I patch it in?

Note: The sub inputs are L & R RCA connectors. You can check the sub out here Infinity - Home Audio

Thanks for your help.
Old 9th February 2009
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
What do you monitor on?
NS-10s with an Infinity subwoofer that I got at Frys for about 300 bucks.

Chris Lord-Alge

For anymore info you may want on the legend himself. Patching should be easy, although I don't have experience with this gear. I'm sure someone'll help you though.

Oh, and welcome to GS! =]
Old 16th May 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Holy Crap!

So, I've had an automated search on eBay for about a year now that will alert me anytime an Infinity sub would go on eBay. Always got the same alerts with the same newer subs. Finally, a few days ago an older model went for $150 buy it now. So I got it. Hooked it up and I have to say am I VERY pleased. Makes my ns-10's sound really good and well-balanced. I can actually mix on them without having to switch monitors to check on my low-end. Of course, I do have to switch when I want to crank the music loud, but I mix at low volumes most of the times.
Now, I know that I'm just copying what Lord-Alge is doing. But I figured if it is working for him, why not try it? I mean, $150!
I know that the never-ending ns-10 debate is still at large, and there are a lot of haters. But if you DO own a pair, the sub makes a huge difference!
Happy mixing!
Old 17th May 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Wow! Is it true that he uses an Infinity sub? I added an 8" Infinity to my set up a year or so ago and it made a world of difference for me!

I have it hooked up with a stereo 1/4" to dual RCA cable plugged into the headphone out of the monitor control section on my board. The monitor control happens to adjut the volume of my monitor outs and HP out at the same time so it works well for me.

If this cannot work for you I think the Samson ccontrol has a parallel sub out you could exploit. The unit goes for around $100 and offers a lot of cool and handy features, including monitor and source switching, and talkback. I am considering getting one myself.
Old 17th August 2017
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Resurrecting an old thread. Does anybody know an equivalent sub to the infinity which a). is still being made and b). you can buy in europe?
Thanks.
๐Ÿ“ Reply