Quantcast
HELP! MY TC electronic M2000 is BUST! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HELP! MY TC electronic M2000 is BUST!
Old 8th February 2009

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Question HELP! MY TC electronic M2000 is BUST!

Hi all
Here's my problem.
I want to sell my TC electronic M2000 FX unit but it doesn’t power up.
My (very trusted and free to use) service guy tells me that the power supply has failed and I need a new one.

My service guy does hold out hope of a repair if he had the circuit diagram.

TC electronic won't sell me a power supply.
They won’t send me a service manual or diagram.
They WILL service it for me for £200 ($295) but as the thing is worth £225 - £270 second hand this is not a viable option.

I'm a poor experimental musician and I’m trying to slim down my studio and upgrade to be smaller and smarter (eg. selling my old analogue monster console and buying a UAD card etc.) getting rid of the M2000 was part of this plan.

Losing £200 like that is a real kick in the teeth for me.

Can anyone here send me a service pdf for the M2000? All I really need is the power supply circuit diagram.
or
Has anyone got a power circuit for one that I can buy?

please help meeeeeee!

PS if you want to speak privately on this matter you can email me at [email protected]
Old 9th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
search a local tech and have him look at it, psu are easy fix compare to other internal parts .. your truseted tech might be good, but if he cant fix it, keep searching, it shouldent be difficult.

good luck
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
yes. +1
it's not difficult to figure out what does what in a psu unless it's some esoteric thing (which it isn't in yours I guarantee).

even if you don't know how it works you can figure out where the power isn't by probing, and therefore using common sense should be able to find out what doesn't work.

I'm not sure how to find other people who are free though :-)

beer maybe...
Old 11th February 2009 | Show parent

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
why this is not a simple matter

unfortunately it's a tc electronic specific power supply and also unfortunatly its switch mode - which means that if one component fails, they all fail. the whole power circuit is gone. That’s the problem. That’s why i need the circuit diagram.
Old 11th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Maybe this thread may help over on Prodigy:

TC Electronic problems...

Page 2 is where the fix happens along with a picture or two.
Old 18th February 2009 | Show parent

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
fixed

thanks crash your fix saved my bacon!
instead of £200+ going to the rip-off service merchants I spent less then a buck on a small capacitor. if anyone else has this problem go to the link that crash posted!
btw I was wrong to say that all components fail because it's a switch mode - i was given incorrect information.
Old 18th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden beers ➡️
instead of £200+ going to the rip-off service merchants I spent less then a buck on a small capacitor. if anyone else has this problem go to the link that crash posted!
btw I was wrong to say that all components fail because it's a switch mode - i was given incorrect information.
Awesome, I love it when a plan comes together and works out. Those guys over on Prodigy are a smart bunch, usually talking way over my head...anyway, glad I was able to help in some small way.
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden beers ➡️
I might have a similar problem with my TC Electronics M2000. The device stays in the "stand-by" mode and after 30 minutes or so, it powers up...
However, the link to "TC Electronics problem" someone mentioned in this thread pointing to prodigy seems to be broken. Does someone still have that repair info?

Thanks a lot,

Koen
Old 10th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by koenraadvds ➡️
I might have a similar problem with my TC Electronics M2000. The device stays in the "stand-by" mode and after 30 minutes or so, it powers up...
However, the link to "TC Electronics problem" someone mentioned in this thread pointing to prodigy seems to be broken. Does someone still have that repair info?

Thanks a lot,

Koen
I am not positive but I think this is the same thread at the new groupDIY site.

Best of luck on getting your unit fixed.
Old 13th March 2014 | Show parent

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash ➡️
I am not positive but I think this is the same thread at the new groupDIY site.

Best of luck on getting your unit fixed.
could be... might not be..

koenraadvds, i remember it was a medium sized/small cap on the power supply board.
if you open it up and take a clear photo of the power supply board i think i could mark which one it is for you.

it's been a while and i sold that thing as soon as i got it working.

worst case, you could just replace all the caps in the supply. i think there's only a few.
Old 18th October 2018
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
old thread... But I also have a broken M2000 to fix

Did anyone ever got the service manual for this unit?
Old 19th October 2018
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Full Compass

TC Electronic A09-00001-62704
📝 Reply