Quantcast
KEL HM-7U vs Sterling ST-55 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
KEL HM-7U vs Sterling ST-55
Old 8th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
KEL HM-7U vs Sterling ST-55

I recently bought a Sterling ST-55 mic because it was recommended at Guitar Center and I'm finding the highs to be a little too crispy for my voice. I've heard good things about the KEL HM-7U. Can anyone speak to the differences between these two mics?
Old 8th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Picking up on one crucial aspect of your situation - where I live, Guitar Center has a high turnover of their sales force, compared to the independent stores who have been selling gear for decades and have retained good people. It's possible you could have gotten better advice at a reputable non-Guitar Center establishment.

There's a 4-page HM-7U thread here. Check it out. You also might take a look at the frequency response graphs for both mics. Although the graph will not tell the complete story, it will add to the information you need to discern the differences between the two mics.
Old 8th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru
The HM-7U is a lot warmer on the upper frequencies, maybe it's the kind of mic you'd like!
📝 Reply