Quantcast
Line 6 POD x3 Live - Does it have ASIO/Core drivers? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Line 6 POD x3 Live - Does it have ASIO/Core drivers?
Old 31st January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Line 6 POD x3 Live - Does it have ASIO/Core drivers?

I'm asking this on behalf of my uncle who's bought himself one of these.

Line 6 - POD Family

Now it has USB connectivity, and hes just got himself a new iMac. He's got some really nice guitars and amps that would be nice to record, but i'm not sure whether this device can be used like the Toneport, as it has an XLR input for vocals and plenty of I/O's.

What i would like know is can it be used in a DAW situation (if he bought say Logic) and then bought himself a MIDI controller and some decent pairs of monitors? I'm not expecting anything spectacular, but it would be nice to use for mixing puposes if possible too.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, as i have only used it once (just plugged into an amp) and i can really find much information on the internet regarding this.

Many thanks.
Nathan.
Old 31st January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yes it hhe buffer as. However the monitoring is just awesome. You can set the buffers any way you want. If you are monitoring thru X3 it will always be 0 latency.
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Best thing about the x3 is that you have 8 channels of input to choose from. From the manual

• 1-2 is the main signal, configured on POD X3’s outputs page for Digital/XLR Outs.
• 3-4 is Tone 1 separately in stereo.
• 5-6 is Tone 2 separately in stereo.
• 7 is the sum of the inputs you’ve chosen for Tone 1.
• 8 is the sum of the inputs you’ve chosen for Tone 2.

And you can download the podfarm plugin for free.

You can record the guitar signal dry to the DAW and monitor, with zero latency, through the x3 with a processed signal. When it comes to mixing you put podfarm in the fx chain and can tweak to your hearts desire. You can go from a fender bassman into a 4x10 cab and change to a peavey 5150 into a marshall. The possiblities are near endless.

Operating the DAW is the hard part.
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks a lot for your replies.

Will test it out next time i go over. heh
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…