Quantcast
Roland VS-2400 worth $? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland VS-2400 worth $?
Old 29th January 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Roland VS-2400 worth $?

Hello. I am planning on selling my Roland VS 2400 workstation. I was wondering if anyone had opinions on how much they are worth these days in great condition. I have upgraded a lot in the past four years of it being the core of my studio. It will include all paperwork and manuals, a hard case, and every upgrade piece of gear or plugin I added to it. This machine is really amazing actually for what it can do. the digital routing is layed out really well. With a vga monitor editing is really easy.

These include:
-VS-8F3 FX card
-UA compressor bundle (LA-2A, 1176)
-Antares Autotune
-DIF- AT24 Rbus to ADAT converter box (expands 2400 from 8 to 16 channel simultaneous recording)
-Microsoft wireless mouse

VS-2400 Retailed for $2499
Vs-8F3 $349
UA comp bundle $199
Antares $179
DIF-AT24 $399

Total retail $3625

Link to vs-2400

What would all of this be worth now? I was hoping $2350 or so. I could even throw in my presonus digimax lt 8 ch mic pre to go with the converter. any thoughts??

Thanks in advance!!
Old 29th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
With all due respect, I think you're being wildly optimistic on the price....do a quick search of completed eBay listings for other 2400s and you'll see that they're going in the $750 - $1000 range.

I used VS machines for many years, and agree that they're really great examples of the genre with excellent sound, but think about it this way - for $2350, you could buy a pretty nice computer, recording software, and interface box that would have more flexibility, more upgradability, and be brand new. You have to give people a good reason to buy your system instead, and a lower price is the biggest and best opportunity to do that.

Good luck!
Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i sold my loaded vs 2480 years ago for 1750 i think
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
No offense, but you can easily look up prices on ebay and google. If you want us to do it for you, I can tell you that the last two on ebay sold for $750 and $1200. Some haven't even fetched $750 though. You might want to part it out and do the bundles separately. I've bought and sold several VS series recorders in the past few months and they always pull in more money when I sell the add-ons separately.
Get what you can, while you can, because they're only going down in price.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah. I think you may be in for a shocker bro.

I sold my 2480 for $1800 about 4 years ago and it was mint with a bunch more stuff than you're offering.

I hope I'm wrong and the market for vintage Roland VS equipment has evolved but I don't think so.

Good luck with everything.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
thanks everyone. i did indeed check ebay a few weeks before posting this and found one with just the basics going for 1500. i think there was a buy now for a little more even. maybe i should have mentioned that. anyway my question was based on the added equipment and upgrades being in there too. it will all depend on where i sell too. it is a dying breed so it needs to go soon or i need to just put it in the attic!
Old 28th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
With the VS8F3 card, plugs and DIF-AT24 you'll get a bit more than the US$800 or thereabouts the basic units usually fetch. I paid US$250 for my DIF AT24 and VS8F3s seem to be worth about the same as they're hard to come by new now. Prices seem to be pretty stable for used VS gear as there appear to be as many people picking the gear as there are dumping it as they move onto software DAWs.

I'd try selling it at Roland VS and Home Recording Support, Tips and Community: VS-Planet Homepage first... tends to be the place were serious people wanting to buy lurk.

At US$1000-1200 it would be a pretty good deal; any higher and you start entering VS2480 territory. As Bowie mentioned, if you want as much as possible, separate the card and converter - the accessories are always in demand. In fact I'd be keen on the VS8F3 and plugs if you do.... PM me ;-)

Hope this helps.
Old 28th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
They're great boards for live sound and location recording. If you're in a band or do live sound, I would just keep it!

They're pretty irrelevant in the studio since computers, interfaces and software are so good and cheap now.
Old 18th April 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Did u sell it yet?
πŸ“ Reply