Quantcast
JBL LSR2300 Series Studio Monitors - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
JBL LSR2300 Series Studio Monitors
Old 28th January 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
JBL LSR2300 Series Studio Monitors

I'm interested in the new affordable JBL LSR2300 series of studio monitors which is obviously in direct competition with Mackie's MR series and KRK Rokit series.

This new line up includes the 5" studio monitor LSR2325P (USD199.00), 8" studio monitor LSR2328P (USD349.00), 10" subwoofer LSR2310SP (USD399.00) as well as a room calibration and correction unit called the JBL MSC1 (no price announced, but poking around the web reveals a price of USD299.00 - may not be accurate).

However checking out the main studio monitor specs shows the HF can only attain 18kHz versus competitor frequency up to 20kHz. I know a few may be able to detect the high frequency range, but for a "studio monitor" speaker isn't that supposed to be a standard at this point in time?

Also of particular interest is the JBL MSC1 which I plan to get versus KRK's Ergo unit since, if pricing is correct, is only half the cost.

Anway, would like to hear thoughts on this new speaker especially once it has been released.
Old 9th February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
im pissed. initially the online stores were taking pre-orders for lsr2328p for $200 each including guitar center. i wanted to wait till they come out and all of a sudden they increased the price up to now $700 a pair. aint that a bitch? i wish i would of bought em then
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I actually never seen a quote of USD200.00 for the LSR2328P, but for the LSR2325P. Perhaps you made a mistake in checking the model?

In any case, if that pre-order price was for the 8" version then you should have jumped on it.

But if you do have one, let me know how it sounds compared to something like a Mackie or KRK. I'm very interested in the 5" monitors as well as the MSC1 controller.
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
trust me no mistake. i been onto these speakers since early january. i know for a FACT the LSR2328p were $200 each for pre-order cause i looked em up on several sites. Maybe that was the introduction price for pre-order. anyway like i said they have increased a lot. i wonder how they would compare to yamaha HS80m. i been a fan of japanese products but HS80 look kinda ugly lol but i heard they sound very good. dont have jbl yet. they are not out till march.
Old 12th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
comes out friday i think
Old 13th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
The 8" one are $263 each @ bananasmusic.com. If I had the money right now, I'll get myslef a pair. :( Bummer.
Old 19th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Someone please post if you see any kind of date announced for the JBL MSC1.

bilco
Old 8th May 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Their low end specs are great until you find that they are measured at -10 db
Old 20th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I was wondering if it was worth getting the MSC1, i was looking at the KRK ERGO there specs are
c A/B Speaker Select/Control
Stereo Audio-inl
S/PDIF In (32KHz-96KHz)
118db SNR, THD+N -100dB

I know on my jbl now there at +4db. I just know they sound better there.
I heard to many bad review from the Big knob.

or maybe a SPL Volume2
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CplusE ➑️
I was wondering if it was worth getting the MSC1
FYI - I bought an MSC1 only to find out that the Mac version of the room correction software will not be available until the spring
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilco ➑️
FYI - I bought an MSC1 only to find out that the Mac version of the room correction software will not be available until the spring
Ouch, that funny crazy because the JBL control didn't really work well on mac until they brought out the SNow update. Wow i don't want to have to spend 600 on SPL just to get a Knob. What to do, What do do. Thanks for the update...
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Not 100% sure, but I am really leaning toward sending it back
Old 31st July 2011 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteJames ➑️
Their low end specs are great until you find that they are measured at -10 db
what does this mean? i am looking to upgrade from some AV-40s and i was going to buy a sub, but then i thought i'd just get some monitors that could go farrrrr down. thats why the JBL's looks so good to me because they go to 37hz instead of yamaha's 42hz.
πŸ“ Reply